Chapter 30

We all ended up going to a nice Italian restaurant. It was full of lively and kind people. I was starting to love Italy day by day, and I was proud to be a part of its culture.

A plate of hot steaming lasagna was placed in front of me and I could already feel my stomach grumble from the aroma of it. Next to my plate, the waiter placed a champagne glass filled with Prosecco. I already started digging in, my stomach not being able to handle it. I nearly moaned at the taste of the lasagna, it was truly delicious.

I looked forward to see Grayson not eating his food. Instead he was staring at me, looking quite amused. In that moment, I had realised exactly how much of an idiot I must've looked.

When he saw me looking at him, he looked away, returning back to his brooding self.
I wiped the side of my mouth consciously, preventing from embarrassing myself any further. I heard a laugh erupt from next to me and Lorenzo was staring at me too.

"Well, I'm glad to know that our classic food meets your desired taste. Maybe a bit too much." He added and I smiled, even though I was quite embarrassed.

"Yeah yeah. Say whatever you want, but that lasagna is banging." I boasted and Lorenzo shrugged, smirking slightly.

"That's Italian food for you I guess." He said and I smiled.

"I'd like to get to know you, Iris." Lorenzo started and I chuckled slightly.

"I'm pretty sure you know my whole life story. Everybody here does." I said and looked around at the big table, full of our people holding conversations. He shrugged and leaned back and looked at me carefully, before meeting my eyes again.

"I know your life story, but I don't know about you properly." He said and before I could say anything, he interrupted me.

"I want to know what you like doing, your personality and everything else." He said and I shrugged a shoulder.

"Fair enough." I said and agreed with him. All of a sudden, I felt a hard kick at my leg and realised that it was Grayson.

I winced and glared at him, ignoring the sharp pain shooting through my leg. When he looked at me, he looked surprised and apologetic.

"I wasn't meant to kick you." He started and I glared.

"Then?" I snapped. He nodded his head towards Lorenzo.

"Him." He said bitterly and I rolled my eyes, before going back to my original conversation with Lorenzo, ignoring Grayson's hard gaze burning holes in the side of my head, for what seemed like the millionth time.

***

"I'm going to use the restroom." I said and stood up from my chair. After I had finished using the toilet, I came out to see Eleonora.
She smiled at me, waiting for me as I washed and dried my hands.

"I think I should tell you the rest of the story then Iris." Eleonora said and I nodded.

"If you're ready to." I said and she nodded confidently.

"The reason why we all despise Angela so much is because she was working behind our backs with one of our enemies. She told them everything, and I mean everything Iris. After I found her in the bed with one of our men, I started screaming at her. How could she do that to Grayson? We all saw how in love he was, but no, he was brainwashed. She made him believe all her lies. She betrayed every single one of us.

The guy that she slept with, Marcello fired him straight away. He left straight away, but Angela, she stayed. All the time that I was screaming at her out of anger and for Grayson's sake, she just sat and stared at me coldly.

That's when I knew that something bad was going to happen. I watched Iris, I watched as she picked up her phone and rang someone. They picked up instantly and I didn't hear anyone on the other end.

'Now,' was all she said Iris as she stared at me dead in the eyes. I didn't know what to think and before I could even say something, there were gunshots. I heard screams and I started feeling dizzy. I knew she had something to do with this. Angela grabbed my arm and dragged me downstairs, while the rest of the men were busy trying find the shooters. Everyone was going crazy.

She tried killing me. She tried. But she didn't. I guess she succeeded in her own way though." Eleonora said and I frowned. Eleonora's eyes went icy as she looked at the wall behind me coldly and blankly.

"She killed my sister." Eleonora finished and my heart took a beat. I gasped slightly and stared at Eleonora.

"Eleonora I-." I started, but she held up her hand.

"It's alright Iris. I miss her everyday, but I'm over it. She'll always be in my heart, the little quiet girl who always had her head buried in a book with big round rimmed glasses that always slipped down her nose." Eleonora reminisced about memories of her and her little sister when they were younger and I couldn't help the tears that prickled at the corner of my eyes.

"Have you ever noticed that when you enter the villa, there's a big picture of a woman with black hair?" Eleonora asked me, her eyes returning back to me, and I thought for a second. It was familiar to me now, the picture that she was talking about. I remember entering the villa several times, wondering who that woman was.

"That's my sister." Eleonora said sadly and sadness and sorrow overtook me suddenly.

————————————————————

A/N:
So, how was that chapter? I'm so tired ah! Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed that chapter.
Vote! Comment! Share!
Until then ♠️

[Edited: 20/07/2021]