Chapter 1

I ran my hand through my hair while sighing tiredly. I rolled my eyes and threw the magazine which was open on the 'horoscope' page, across the coffee table in front of me and tucked my legs underneath me.

"This is stupid Zara. Why do you even believe in this crap? It's bullshit." I chuckled.
She narrowed her eyes at me before pointing her ice-cream covered spoon at me.

"Trust me here Iris. I know it's hard for you to believe that it says your love life is going to heat up these next few months and that you're going to meet someone new, but honestly, once that comes true, you're going to be thanking me while you're on your knees."

"Stop exaggerating Zara. I'm done with this." I said frustratedly.

She sighed and scooted closer to me, patting my hair soothingly.
"It'll be fine, Iris. You'll find someone."

"I'm not drawn over that Zar. I just want to find a decent job." I said, frowning deeply while rubbing my temples.

Over the past year, I have been trying to find a new job. My other workplace didn't work out as the boss was a creep. He touched us up whenever he could and I gave up the job as it got to a point where things got out of control. He tried to rape me and one of the girls that I worked with. It left me traumatised for months and I'm learning to get over it slowly, but surely. Despite that, I couldn't help but be proud of how far I've come since then.

Right now I work at a restaurant nearby, but the wages are low and I'm still struggling to pay the rent.

"You'll find a new job soon. Just wait and don't worry, I'll help you find a job too." Zara said and I smiled softly at her.

"So, how's Micah?" I asked Zara and her smile faltered, immediately turning into a frown.
"A dickhead of course." She replied.
"What happened?" I asked curiously.

Micah is Zara's boyfriend of two years now and they're the most frustrating couple ever.

"He keeps on checking my phone to see if I'm texting anyone and snaps at me every now and then, it's getting frustrating and I'm getting annoyed." She said while biting down on her tongue.

"Tell him to sort his shit out." I replied. I've never really liked Micah. He was way too overprotective and made Zara do things she didn't want to.
"I don't want to break up with him. He might change you know." She said while playing with her fingers nervously.

"I don't think so Zar. We've already been here too many times." I said and she shook her head.

"No, I believe in him. I'm not going to let him go so soon." She said determinedly.

***

I grabbed my bag and swung it over my shoulder, quickly grabbing my coat as well.

"Zara! Hurry up!" I shouted across the living room.
"Coming!" She shouted back and I saw her running towards me with her hair all over her face.

"You seriously need to hurry up and be more organised. Maybe that horoscope of yours will tell you how to." I mocked her and she raised an eyebrow at me.

"You need to stop being so organised. Maybe that horoscope of mine will tell you how to not be." She shot back and I rolled my eyes in return.

"Let's just go." I sighed and opened the front door.

I started the car and drove to the restaurant that me and Zara work at. It was a fairly nice and elegant restaurant where a lot of high class people came in, but the boss was greedy and wanted the money.

"Get ready for another six hours of bullshit." Zara sang out as we got out of the car. We went in and dropped our bags off at the back, and got to work.

As I went around giving the starters to the people seated, the door opened and the whole restaurant went quiet. I frowned and looked up and saw a tall person in the doorway. His shoulders were wide and you could see his muscles bulging through his suit. He had tan skin which looked rough around his sharp jawline as he clenched it, and he had black hair with a few caramel highlights. His eyebrows were thick and arched and he had sunglasses on. His lips were plump and pink and I had to look away.

There was no other way to put it, but he was gorgeous. He was obviously someone of importance as the whole restaurant went dead quiet.

He looked around for a second before taking long strides towards a man in the corner. The man in the corner looked up and his eyes widened in fear.
The beguiling man went right up to him and grabbed him by the collar of the shirt and whirled him in front of him. They started to walk out as the prepossessing man was pushing the scared guy out.

I went towards them, ignoring my conscience.
"Excuse me sir, I'm sorry but can you please leave this customer alone. We do not tolerate any abuse or anything of the sort in this restaurant. I will have to call the police if this escalates." I cringed at my words that came out of my mouth, but we had to say this.

The captivating man looked down at me and his eyebrows were furrowed. I stepped back a bit as he was tall and up close, he was really intimidating.

"Trust me, you don't want to fuck with me right now." He snapped at me and before I knew it, he dragged the frightened guy out with him.

As soon as he left, the whole restaurant got back to their gossip and chatter, which was louder than before.
I frowned and turned around, making eye contact with Zara.
"You okay?" She mouthed and I nodded back at her.

Whoever this guy was, he was gorgeous, but scary and intimidating and I hoped for the life of me that I wouldn't ever see him again.

————————————————————

A/N:
Just a note, this is my first time writing a fanfic so it's going to be cringey, but I'll try my best to not make it.
Hope you enjoyed the first chapter.
Until then♠️

[Edited: 27/06/2021]
P.S. It's so weird coming back to this story which I wrote when I was 15 lmao. 2 years later and I'm finally editing these chapters. I think I wrote this first chapter in like December 2018??
Just a quick note, I don't think I'll change anything too drastic atm. I'll just take out a few things and correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc... I would say the story line will still be the same as I don't have any plans as of now to change it, but maybe soon!