Chapter 12

I laughed as I popped a piece of bread into my mouth. Everyone was now having breakfast, sitting at the huge dining table. I was sat next to Sebastian and Ethan was sat opposite me. Next to Ethan, sat Grayson who was now currently glaring at his food. He kind of reminded me of a five year old child pouting and my lips twitched as I stared at him.

As Ethan started speaking again, amusing us with one of his funny stories, the whole table erupted into laughter. I had tears coming out of my eyes and even little Isabella was chuckling.

Grayson slammed his fist on the table and everyone went quiet.

"What's wrong Grayson?" Asked Marcello calmly, but he was frowning at Grayson in annoyance.

Grayson was glaring at the table, deep in thought before clearing his throat and looked at me. I looked away as we made eye contact.

"Nothing. I think it's time to show Iris around." He said out of nowhere and I snapped my eyes to him to see his eyes already on me.
Marcello frowned again, looking down at his food before looking up again. He looked at my plate and then at Grayson.

"Okay, just wait for her to finish her breakfast first." He said and Grayson frowned. I decided to eat as slow as I could, to stall from going out with him.

"No. It's better to go now." Said Grayson and Marcello looked at him and sighed.

"Stop being difficult Grayson. Let her eat her breakfast otherwise she'll be starving for the rest of the day." He said, his frown deeper and his fingers twitched as he placed his hand on the table.

"I don't care, we have to go now." He snapped and I saw Marcello fist his hands. I stood up, before things could get out of hand.

"It's okay," I looked at Grayson. "I'll go with you." I said and he stood up and walked out with me following behind.
We were both silent until we got into his car.

"I'm sorry." He said and I looked at him.

"For what?" I asked and he sighed.

"Everything." He said and I stayed quiet.

"I'll get you some breakfast first. I'm sorry I didn't let you finish." He said, now looking embarrassed. I didn't respond back to him and he took that as the cue to drive on.

****

He ran his hand through his hair, looking stressed.

"Eat your food." I said as I remembered he hadn't ate earlier as well.

He picked up his knife and fork and started eating. I ate my food slowly, wondering why he was so adamant on making me come with him. After a few minutes, he stopped eating and placed his knife and fork to one side and looked at me.

"So, why did you want me to come out with you?" I asked curiously and he sighed.
His brow twitched as he frowned slightly.

"I just wanted to say sorry. I don't like not speaking to you and I realised that I've been a dickhead to you. I really am sorry Iris." He said, appearing a bit uncomfortable as he confessed to me.

I rose an eyebrow at him.

"You do realise that most of the time we speak, we end up arguing?"

Grayson's jaw ticked as he studied the table in front of him before he looked at me again and shrugged.

"I guess part of it was my fault as well, I am sorry for prying when I shouldn't have, but y-you..."

"I know and that's why I am really sorry. It just hit a deep spot for me when you asked me that question. I'll try and make it up to you." He said and I nodded.

"Are we okay now?" I asked and he smirked slightly. I rolled my eyes at him as he suddenly got all cocky.

————————————————————

A/N:
I just wanted to say I'm really really really sorry for not updating, it's been like, what, 2 months since I last updated??
Anyways, this chapter is really short and I'm sorry but watch out for the next chapter it gets interesting!
Until then♠️

[Edited: 02/07/2021]
P.S. My updating game is still weak asf and this chapter cringed me out so bad, how did people read this lmao.