Chapter 9

I didn't even know I was crying until Grayson reached forward and wiped my cheeks. I jerked back and stared at him, but he looked calm.

As if he knew this was going to happen.

I felt numb.

I had so many things to say, but the words wouldn't come out. I stood up and walked out of the restaurant quickly without people looking at me. I didn't know where I went, but I let my feet lead me somewhere. I let out a loud sob as I didn't know how to feel.

All this time, I had different parents and my real mother is dead. I cried and cried until I felt someone grab my arm. I knew it was Grayson.
He moved to wipe my tears away, but I looked at him.

"Where's my father?" I asked him and he looked dumbstruck, as if that surprised him.

"I don't know. No one knows Iris. No one has seen him for years. Ever since he gave you over to Marcello, he disappeared. We've tried to place an exact location on him, but no one hasn't even seen him. He left without a trace."

I cried even harder and Grayson put an arm over my shoulder and brought me into his chest. I cried into his chest as he stroked my hair.

After a few minutes, he stepped back and looked at me once more before saying, "Come on, let's go."

I followed him, but said nothing. Every now and then, Grayson would look towards me to see if I was okay. He drove us to his apartment and when we went inside, he put his hands on my shoulder and led me to his room. He pushed me softly on the bed, so I was sitting down and said, "Get some sleep first and then we can talk later." He said and I laid down. He pulled the covers up to my shoulders and then walked out the room.

Grayson's POV:

I hated seeing her cry. I knew how she felt, not knowing who her parents were. I knew she was going to cry, but I didn't expect it to affect me as well.

I hated seeing her so upset, knowing that I couldn't do much to make her better. I don't know why I was feeling so angry, but just seeing her cry made me want to find the guys who caused her family so much pain and beat them up.

I went to go see my friend Pete, a gym instructor, to get my mind off her. I walked into the gym and went to where I knew I would find him.

"Grayson? It's been a long time!" He said surprised. I didn't say anything and he looked at me for a moment, crossing his arms and nodding thoughtfully, knowing instantly that something was wrong.

"Follow me." He said and nodded his head to another door.

I followed behind and he led me into a room with a red punching bag in the middle.
"Let it all out man." Was all he said before walking out.

Five hours later I came back to my apartment, still angry. I was pissed off with the deal that went wrong after I went to gym and to Marcello's house. The apartment was quiet and I assumed that Iris was still asleep.

Iris.

I wanted to kill, when I remembered her crying. I hated seeing her upset, I want her to be happy. I punched the mirror that was in front of me and gritted my teeth in anger.

Iris POV:

I jumped at the sound of glass smashing. I went towards the noise, noticing that it came from the bathroom. I went inside and saw Grayson leaning over the sink, with the smashed mirror scattered around.

I could tell from his posture that he was angry, his shoulders moving up and down as he tried to control his breathing. He was seething about something. I went towards him and put an arm on his shoulder.

He tensed slightly and I pulled him back. He was now standing upright, and I grabbed his hand. I looked at it and noticed his knuckles were bruised and there were now cuts all over them.

I opened up a cabinet and noticed the bandages inside and I got them out. I cleaned his cuts and bandaged his hand up.

We both didn't say a word to each other, but I felt him looking at me.

————————————————————

A/N:
It's short.
Until then♠️

[Edited: 30/06/2021]
P.S. It's still short :)