Chapter 21

We got back to the house and everyone went off and did their own thing. Marcello and Eleonora went off together to catch up after all these months spent apart.

Ethan, Sebastian, Matthias and a few of the other men went to the club to finish some last minute orders. Grayson stayed at the villa. We both stood in the hallway and he nodded at me before going up the stairs.

"Grayson, wait." I said and he stopped and turned around.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"C-can we talk? I want to clear things up." I said and he stared at me for what seemed like forever. He said nothing as he came down, grabbed my arm and dragged me upstairs and into his room. He closed the door behind him.

"Yeah we can talk." He said finally as he started loosening his tie. I took a seat on the edge of his bed.

"What's been going on these past two weeks? We don't talk anymore a-and that thing that happened in the corridor." I said and he sat on the bed next to me.

"I don't know, you tell me what happened in the corridor." He said and I sighed.

"You know what happened." I said and he shrugged. I frown at his careless attitude and my purse my lips.

Does he not care?

He obviously doesn't when he's the one who walked away from me that day.

"I don't like the fact that we don't hang out anymore or talk. You don't even talk to the others anymore-"

"Why did you kiss Ethan?" He asked abruptly and I looked away before looking at him straight in the eyes.

"I didn't kiss him because I liked him or anything. It was a stupid kiss that shouldn't have happened in the first place and I don't like that I did it in order to get some sort of reaction from you. I just saw you flirting with another girl at the party and I don't know, I felt used. I-it's happened to me before." I said, deciding to finally open up. I looked at Grayson and he looked back at me, waiting for me to explain.

"A few years ago, I had a boyfriend. His name was Dean Smith. He was sweet and everything, but he obviously just wanted one thing. He wanted to sleep with me, but I wasn't ready at the time. He made me go to a party and got me drunk. I didn't think anything of it at the time because I thought I would be safe with him.

Next thing I knew, I woke up in someone else's bed with my clothes ripped and blood on the sheets. I was raped and yet I didn't know that it was Dean. I remember that day, I went to his house to get answers and he just laughed in my face and told me that, yeah, it was him who raped me. He then kicked me out of his house." I said, gritting my teeth, so I wouldn't cry as all the unwanted memories came rushing back.

"How long ago was this?" Grayson asked, his fists were clenched and he looked like he was ready to murder someone.

"When I was fifteen. Five years ago." I mumbled.

"I-I know that it was a cheap shot, me kissing Ethan, but I just hated the fact how you were towards me and then you were with the other girl after. I-I like you Grayson." I said letting out a deep breath.

There was silence and I peeked a glance at Grayson. He was looking at the floor, thinking.
He suddenly stood up, shoving his hands in his pockets and looked down at me.

"Well that's nice, but I'm sorry Iris, it can't happen." He said and I frowned.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Look whatever crazy thing that's going through your head about me and you, forget it, it's never going to happen." He said with no emotion on his face. I flinched at how cold his voice came across.