C h a p t e r 3 5

Once I had everything in my hands I made my way downstairs. Everyone was down in the lobby waiting to say goodbye to us. Before I had even placed my suitcase on the floor, Eleonora and Caterina both grabbed me into a bone crushing hug.

Eleonora squeezed me as hard as she could and looked at me worriedly.
"I really don't want you to go Iris, but please be safe!" She said looking at me carefully, while holding my shoulders firmly.
Briefly I caught Grayson's eyes over her shoulder and he looked at us two. I nodded at Eleonora and turned to Caterina.

She smiled sadly at me before taking in a deep breath.
"You've got to come back to me Iris, we still got to do a heck lot of shopping remember!" She tried to joke but her I saw her lips turn into a frown and I sighed and grabbed her into a tight hug.

"Don't worry Caterina, I'll be safe. I promise okay?" I said and she nodded, but looked unsure.
"Right, it's time to leave. Let's go guys." Marcello shouted over everyone. The men started piling out and before I could leave, Eleonora places her hands on my shoulders and kissed my forehead. I shot her a grateful look and walked out of the hotel, slowly trailing behind Grayson.

                               ****

I turned to my right as Grayson sat down in the seat next to me. Right now we were in one of  Marcello's private planes, about to take off. Grayson buckled up and took my hand in his and started trailing his thumb softly over my hand to comfort me. My heart warmed at the gesture, but I was too nervous to reply. A hundred thoughts were running through my head at once and I just needed to take a break.
But what if I was making a mistake?

I shook my head to myself. No, I can't back out, this was all happening because of me and I needed to face it head on.
"How are you feeling?" He asked me and I shrugged while sighing. What was I really supposed to say?
He assessed me for a moment before curling his hand around my head, bringing it closer to his shoulder. I leaned on him comfortably and he placed kisses all over my head to calm my nerves, and before I knew it, I drifted off into a deep slumber, not really knowing what was awaiting me.

                                 ****

We finally arrived back in America and all of Marcello's men went to work straight away, picking up calls, running errands around.
"Where are we going to stay?" I asked Grayson and slightly tugged on the arm of his suit.
"We'll be staying in a hotel for now." He replied back.
"What about everyone else that's here? Where are they staying?" I asked, my anxiety eating away at me.

"They went out on the day that the Bonatti clan found out where the villa was. Luckily Matthias noticed that something was wrong with the villa when they came back. They didn't leave a mess, but they slightly shifted a few things and wrote a note as a warning for us. Don't worry, Matthias has made sure that everyone else is safe and is staying at one of our other villas. We'll stay in a hotel for now before joining them, but Matthias and the rest of the men are still at our main villa, keeping a look out." Grayson reassured me as he noticed me shift nervously. He took my hand in his and enveloped me into a warm hug, which calmed down my nerves just a notch.

We arrived at a hotel that was quite far away from the main villa.
"When are we going to the main villa?" I asked Grayson and he looked down at me, frowning in surprise.
"We?" He asked and I cocked my head.
"Yeah?" I replied.
"We. We are not going to the villa. You're staying here." He said, while shaking his head slightly.
"What?!" I responded back. He seriously had something wrong with him if he thought that I was staying here.
"You're staying here Iris. At the hotel." He said sighing frustratedly.
"I'm not. I'm coming with you." I said and he crossed his arms, looking down at me in anger.
"No. I already didn't want you to come back to America anyways. There's no way I'm letting you come with me, not when there'll be fighting and guns going off everywhere."

"I'll be fine." I said and clenched my hands into fists. He was pissing me off.
"No you won't. What are you going to do? Shoot someone yourself?" He said, his tone of voice getting higher.
"If it has to be done then yes." I said, not actually believing what I was saying myself.
He scoffed and looked to the side.

"Sure Iris. Are you going to be able to stab someone along with that?" He asked me, sarcasm rolling off of his tongue.
I shrugged, not knowing what to say.
"Well-"
He rolled his eyes.
"No, you're staying here." He cut in and left suddenly.
I  gritted my teeth in anger, watching him walk away.

No matter what it took, I'm going to villa.

A/N:
Sorry guys! I know I literally disappeared for like more than a month. This is more of a filler chapter but I'll try my best and update tomorrow as well.
How is everyone doing so far?
Stay safe!!!

Periodttttt😖Hope you guys enjoyed!Vote! Comment! Share!Until then ♠️

Periodttttt😖
Hope you guys enjoyed!
Vote! Comment! Share!
Until then ♠️