Chapter 29

Up above is the dress that Iris will be wearing.

It had been a few days since what Grayson had been worked up over. He had gotten quite distant recently, which I have noticed.

Every morning that I woke up, I would always look next to my side, but Grayson wasn't there. He had been waking up early and leaving to go somewhere. He would usually be gone for the whole day and then would return back at night.

The only way that I knew that Grayson would return back is that when he would open the door, he would try to be quiet, but I always heard him. He would move around for a bit, sorting himself out before slipping into the bed, laying next to me. Sometimes I would try to catch him before he would wake up, but I was never actually able to.

Today I woke up. Alone. Again. I sighed in distress and decided to get up instead of drowning in my own sorrows. I took a shower and plaited my damp hair tightly into two braids. While my hair was drying, I slipped on a blue and white off shoulder dress. Eleonora and Caterina had mentioned yesterday that we would be going out today with Luna and Lorenzo and the rest of the family, so I decided to put in some effort into today. I put on false lashes, lipgloss and foundation. When it was nearly time to leave, I undid my braids, leaving my hair with big and almost saltwater like curls. I slipped on my shoes, grabbed my purse and phone and left.

I walked down to the lobby where everyone agreed to meet. Thankfully, I wasn't the last or first person there. Caterina and Eleonora were there along with Luna, Gabriella, Elena, Leonardo and Lorenzo.

"Morning Iris! You look beautiful." Commented Luna and Caterina and Eleonora agreed. I complimented them back and we all got into a big conversation, letting the men talk to themselves, whilst we were waiting for everyone else.

"What is taking them so long." Said a frustrated Eleonora as she checked her watch.

"Do you know where Grayson is Iris?" Asked Caterina and I looked surprised at her for a moment, then shook my head.

"No sorry. He woke up early and left to go somewhere. I'm not really sure where though." I said and she frowned and looked at Eleonora who in turn was looking at me questionably.
Before any of them could say anything, Marcello, Ethan and Grayson appeared. They were walking down the stairs, Marcello and Ethan next to each other and Grayson behind them, his hands in his pockets, looking bored.

As they were descending from the stairs I immediately made eye contact with Grayson. He looked at me for a moment, assessing me up and down. For a bit too long, I would say, and then looked away as he clenched his jaw while frowning. I awkwardly looked away and felt someone's hand on my arm. I looked to see Eleonora taking me to a quite corner, away from everyone.

"Is everything okay between you and Grayson, my dear?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I don't really know what happened between us. We were having a good time just a couple of days ago and then I asked him a question and he got angry and left. Ever since after that, he hasn't spoken to me and always woke up early to go out somewhere." I finished and she looked at me suddenly like she knew something.

"What did you ask him Iris?" She asked me and I shifted my hands uncomfortably.

"I asked him if we were in a relationship or not." I said and I could see that she did actually know something.

"Now I know why." Eleonora said and looked at me and sighed. I stayed silent, waiting for her to explain.

"A couple of years ago, Grayson met this woman called Angela. They were so in love and were about to get married. Grayson had already proposed after knowing her for about two years. The first year they were just friends and then by the second year, they got together.

At first we thought that they were rushing a bit, but we let Grayson do what he wanted to, because we saw how in love with her he was. Too bad it wasn't reciprocated." Eleonora said bitterly while I stood there, my lips going numb as I bit into them hard, possibly drawing blood out.

"She seemed like a genuine girl. She was lovely to everyone and got on everyone's good side. It was just too late to see that she was hiding behind a mask all this time.

One day we left the house to go out for a bit and the only people in the house were Grayson and Angela. A few hours later, we had come home to see Grayson going crazy. He was trashing everything up. We couldn't even get a word out of him, I've never seen him that angry. I went and searched the whole house to find Angela and there she was in a bed, naked and sleeping with one of our men. I knew how angry Grayson had to be in that moment. That wasn't the bad thing though what happened. What she did next was something that I would never forget." Eleonora said and I realised in that moment, how I had never seen Eleonora get this angry before either. This girl, Angela, seemed to have done something that scarred the whole family.

"What happened?" I asked and she opened her mouth to explain when Marcello appeared.

"We're about to leave. You two ready?" He asked us and Eleonora nodded. She waited for him to leave before placing her hand on my arm gently.

"I'll tell you later about what happened." She said and I nodded, following after her, my thoughts consuming my head as I tried to think of what exactly Angela had done.

————————————————————

A/N:
Sorry it's a short chapter, I'm going to try and post again today or probably tomorrow. I've got 2 weeks full of mock exams and I've already got through 1 week so far, and I've done so bad. Everything that I've revised hasn't even come up ugh. I'm really just trying to make it through the next week, oh well.
Who's excited for Christmas?! Tomorrow is December 1st as well!
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!
Vote! Comment! Share!
Until then ♠️

[Edited: 20/07/2021]
P.S. from what I remember from those mocks, I actually did quite good lol.