Chapter 18 (Part 3)

We soon got back to the villa and everyone started to pile in. There were lots of happy faces everywhere, children running around and chasing each other, mothers and girls chatting and drinking and the men all gathered together playing cards and chatting, but yet no Grayson. I was starting to get worried.

Where had he gone?

I started to blame myself, if I hadn't snapped at him, he wouldn't have gone wherever he had disappeared off to. If I hadn't kissed Ethan.

Jesus Christ, all this because I wanted to make him a little bit jealous? I'm so fucking stupid.

"Have you heard from Grayson?" I asked Ethan, who shook his head.

"Don't worry, he's probably at the club." Ethan said and I frowned. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around.

It was Matthias.

"Hi. Sorry about earlier, I had to go talk to Marcello, but how are you?" He asked me politely and I greeted him back.

"I'm good." I said and then said after a moment, "you haven't seen Grayson have you?"

He thought for a moment, and his eyes flickered over to Ethan.

"No sorry. I've only spoken to Ethan a few times, not much from Grayson apart from before we came back here." He said, collecting his thoughts.

"What did he say?" I asked him and he looked troubled for a second, but covered it up.

"It was just about the work Marcello had assigned us." He said and I nodded, believing him. All this time, Ethan was next to me, listening to our conversation. He was looking at Matthias, assessing him.

"Marcello assigned you and Grayson to work together?" Asked Ethan, surprised and Matthias nodded.

"He just told Grayson we were partners yesterday."

"Why? You guys have never worked together." Ethan said, confused.

"Can I talk to you outside?" Matthias said to Ethan, not waiting for an answer as he already started walking out the kitchen. Ethan followed behind and they both disappeared outside.
I sat on the kitchen island, eating a few snacks, as I spoke to the other girls who were here.

"Hey! How did you like the party?" Asked Caterina, walking up to me.

"It was nice, I enjoyed it." I lied, it was a nice party, but I spent too much of it worrying about Grayson. There was a commotion at the door and there appeared Grayson.

A drunk Grayson.

Everyone's heads turned towards Grayson. He stumbled in with his arm around a girl. They both seemed to be drunk. A few seconds later, Matthias and Ethan came in to see what all the commotion was about. They saw Grayson and I felt Ethan's gaze on me. Grayson looked at Ethan and then his eyes searched the crowded kitchen. His eyes fell to me and he gazed at me, before turning his head and putting his lips on the girl's lips.

Ouch. That hurt.

He did that on purpose. He wanted me to see.

Everyone was now gawking at Grayson and the girl, who were now making out blatantly in front of everyone. I looked away and met Caterina's gaze. Her eyes were filled with sympathy and I looked away from her too.

"Grayson get out of here. Go upstairs." Ordered Marcello and Grayson broke apart from the girl, who started giggling out of nowhere. I looked around, swearing to look at anything but Grayson. I saw some of the people's expressions, some were confused and some had a look of disgust on their faces. Some didn't really look that surprised.

I couldn't resist it as I felt his gaze on me. I went against my conscience and looked up. We held each other's gazes, until he wrapped his arm around the girl's waist and dragged her upstairs.

Well, I wasn't going to get any sleep tonight.

There was an awkward silence for a moment, before everyone went back to what they were doing before.

"Are you okay?" Asked Caterina, as she placed her hand on my thigh.

I gave her a small smile back.
"Yeah I'm fine." I replied back, although I clearly wasn't.

"He'll come around soon, don't worry." Caterina said.

I heard that for the second time that day, but they were wrong.

Both Ethan and Caterina were wrong. Grayson didn't come around anytime soon, in any case, he got worse.

————————————————————

A/N:
Short chapter, I know, but I decided to start bringing in the actual plot in soon. I may update again later on, idk😁.
Also, please can you all leave some suggestions on what should happen next!!
P.S: Thank you guys so much for 1K!!! I love you all so much 😭🤧♥️🥰🥺
Hope you guys enjoyed!
Vote! Comment! Share!
Until then ♠️

[Edited: 05/07/2021]
P.S. Omg I hit 1k reads during this time!!! Now this book has 117k reads!!!! This is so crazy, thank you to every single person who  took the time to read this book even with the really confusing plot and terrible grammar😩