S.Vettel - Living On Standards

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry, but I have to take it. It's Mattia." he lets go of me and answered his phone and walked to the bedroom which is on the other side of the apartment.

I go into the bathroom and took a quick shower. A thought came into my mind that I'm trying to avoid. Sebastian's parents doesn't like me and I can't get them to accept me. Seb said it was because they are protective over him, come on, the man is 32 years old!

I go out of the bathroom and see him fast asleep on the bed. I'm surprised he even asked me to be his girlfriend because we are two opposites. He's always quiet and minding his own business and I'm just all over the place. but I'm glad he chose me. I put on my doughnut pj's and go closer to the bed.

I take a photo of him and post it on Instagram with a caption "You are my home".

I jumped into bed next to him and he immediately pulled me closer. "I thought you were asleep," I said giggling.

"I can't sleep if you're not in my arms," he said softly and kissed my nose. "You know, some day I'm going to marry you, Y/n Y/s," he continued making my heart miss a beat.

"How can we if your parents don't like me?" I asked looking at him in the dark.

"I don't care what they think, I'm hopelessly and madly in love with you," he strokes the side of my face with his thump. I closed my eyes and drift off to dreamland.

*In Germany (Friday)*

I feel my hands sweating from my nervousness. "Everything is going to be okay, you have seen them before," Seb said rubbing my back.

"This time I know they don't like me." The door opened revealing the people that dislikes me the most... his parents.

"Come in, come in," his mom said giving Seb a kiss and a big hug. She looks at me and only nodded. His dad does exactly the same and took the bottle of champagne from Seb.

We all go sit down at the dining table just in time for dinner. Seb and his parents started talking, completely forgetting about me. I just ate my food in silence thinking why I even bothered coming here.

"So, Y/n, how is your work going?" his dad asked me, cutting me off guard.

"Really good. I've been working from home."

"Oh, can you support yourself without taking all of my son's money?" I look at his dad with hurt. How can he say that?

"Excuse me. I'm going to the restroom," I said standing up quickly. While walking away, I hear Seb say 'That was very rude'.

I closed the door and go to the basin and look into the mirror. I look so pale. I washed my hands for no reason and decided to go back.

"She gives our family a bad name. Or she change or you leave her," his mother said with anger in her voice. I stopped to listen where this is going.

"I don't understand. She is perfect just the way she is," Seb said trying to defend me.

"She must be more professional. Act more professional, dress appropriately, talk and smile less. She is not perfect but she needs to or she's out."Act more professional. Do what exactly? Talk less, smile less, wear 'rich' clothes, ignore people.

"This is not your decision!" I heard the table being slammed. Suddenly Seb appears, "Let's go." he pushed my bag in my arms and walked out the door.

We walked to the car and we climbed in with no words. The car ride is silent. I look over at him knowing what I must do.

I can't do that. That's not who I am but if it will influence Seb's relationship with his parents, then I will do all of this for him.

*3 months later*

I go onto Instagram seeing all of my tags. It saddens my heart to see all of the photos of me not smiling.

The captions and comments read:
What happened to Y/n?
Since when does she wear this clothes?
She always smiled and now she doesn't even look at the camera.
She ignored me.

I read more and it just breaks my heart knowing that I made a difference and now it's ruined but there's nothing I can do about it.

Sebastian's Pov

I noticed the changes. She even lost a lot of weight. Does she really think I wouldn't notice.

"Schatz," I called her over to come lay down with me on our bed. She came in looking like a fragile deer. She lays down next to me smiling, "What's wrong?"

She frowned ,"What do you mean?"

"I know why you are doing this. You aren't happy anymore. You changed to please them. Well let me tell you. Every inch of you are perfect. I love you for who you are," I said seeing her truly smiled in a long time ,"Marry me," I said unexpectedly ," Yeah... marry me?"

She looks at me in shock. She nodded and start to cry of happiness. I stoop up and go get the little box from my drawer.

I took out the ring and kissed her hoping that she won't escape me because this girl means the world to me.

****

If you liked it, drop a like.
Thank you for all of your support

Updating soon