28: Internship

The paint had dried at my hands while the teacher kept showing the others how to draw a simple flower

The paint had dried at my hands while the teacher kept showing the others how to draw a simple flower. Me on the other hand had been focused on finishing my last painting that I had in my head. It had to be one to show my parents that art is not that bad after all. That I can have a future with it too if I really work for it. Hard work always pays off so I was willing to do that to achieve my dreams.

"I am still wondering why you took this class because you are far from a starter when I look at your paintings. Don't get me wrong here, I love having someone in my class that actually knows how to paint but it sucks for me that I can't help you learn something more." I look up seeing the teacher stare at my painting for a bit too long that my anxiety was coming up.

I had always been scared for people their thoughts when it came to my paintings or drawings. I don't want them to tell me how bad it is or how much it sucks because I don't know how to handle it. I was not someone who was going to talk back to someone if they say something bad about my work. I had always been insecure when it came to my paintings because for me they are so personal that I rather keep them for my eyes only.

No one had to see the real me.

"Alexandra stop looking at me like I am going to bring your work down. I am just admiring the painting since it has been a long time since I saw such a good painting in my class. Do you paint a lot in your free time or not? If so, I would love to see your other paintings." I could feel the blush forming on my cheeks when she came closer to me to look better at the painting.

I had started with a few random colours putting on the canvas but after a few seconds I had found some inspiration to make this a better work. I was going to show in this painting how I have been feeling for the past few weeks, since the start of this new year at college. I was not sure how to say it in words but I did know how to show it at a canvas with all the colours surrounding me since everybody else could only use the black paint to make the right form.

The black paint represented the dark times in my life, the times that I had been dealing with my whole life. My parents not accepting me for who I am but also my own insecurity. While the yellow paint was the bright things in my life like my friendships with Olivia, Rachel and Leonardo. The red paint was the relationship of me and Nate because it had been the colour that reminded me the most of him, the one that I had left behind at his chest the first time we were together.

For normal people it would look like me just using paint to waste it at some canvas but for me it has such a bigger meaning. It were the things that described me, that made me a person. I had drawn the bad days on it because they formed me too, they were the ones that made me realise that I have friends who are their for me whenever I need them. It all blended together perfectly just as my life seems to be lately, it seems too good to be true.

"At the end of the class just come to my desk because I want to talk with you about something." I nod my head because I was too invested in making this painting. I wanted to get it all out of my systems. "Alex do you want to look at my flower and tell me how it is. Be honest but don't break my tiny heart." I turn around seeing Amelia showing her canvas to me with a shy smile on her face.