14: Wrapped around her finger

All the pressure was building up with every second passing by

All the pressure was building up with every second passing by. Leo had passed the ball to Lucas who had no idea what to do next, his head was somewhere else than in the game. He had been making some rookie faults since he came on the field, making me and coach get mad at him with every single thing he has been doing. The last second of the game was on and he was still debating on what to do, I could only point at him for doing something that he could do as the only one at the team. He had to throw a very long pass to me, one that we have been practicing for so long.

The ball was high and not one of the players of the other team could take him. I started to run to the place it would land with the last bit of energy that I had in my body, I had been playing for two the whole game. I was exhausted but I needed this, I wanted to make coach proud of me. I wanted to show the clubs that I am worth the fight so I ran even to I felt every single bone in my body stop me. I held the ball close to me so I could make the winning point in the last five seconds we had left.

I didn't think of anything else than the fact that Alexandra is going to call me later on to hear me rant about the game. She had been doing that for the past few days since she couldn't come to the game. She had this rule to not skip classes only if she is sick or in the hospital, I found it a very stupid rule but I got her for doing it. She cared a lot about college and it was her only way to get a job, my major was just something that I took to get in here and play football.

"Nathaniel Crawford has made the last and winning point of this game. He is doing it all over again." I heard all the screams of the cheerleaders and fans that had been here for us. Not one of them mattered to me since I couldn't wait to see Alexandra her face smiling at me, she was going to make sure that I stay with my two feet at the ground. She has been the only one telling me things that everybody else is scared to say to me, she is making sure that I stay humble.

The guys were all wearing the usual clothes we have on after a game, the black sweatpants and the red hoodie that we got on the first day. The people that made it on the team got this after they are selected, it shows the other students that you belong to the football team. It is the first symbol of you being one of the guys that sleeps around in college and is not ready to settle down, it is the only thing that girls care about. They know the drill from the beginning.

"Nathaniel I want to speak to you." I change into my dry clothes, leaving all the other stuff behind that I had taken with me. When coach tells you to do something, you just do it without doubting any second to not do it. "I expect more from you as a captain. You need to make sure the guys are bonding together because today on the field, it looked like you guys were enemies. I need some team bonding or we are going to lose the next game because right now we were lucky. It is not going to stay this way." Coach lays his papers at the desk right in front of him, it is filled with red meaning he wrote a lot of bad things down.

"I hope you know what you are going to do tonight. I need you guys to sing songs on the bus tomorrow if that means you guys playing better. I don't care what you have to do, but tomorrow I want you guys to bond with each other. I need a real team on the field." I turn around seeing all the guys packing their stuff while Leander was trying to find his phone in his bag. He was going to call Rachel, he has been doing that since we left to make sure he can see her. It gave me a chance to see Alex in the background so I would see her twice on a day.