9: Falling apart

The smell of coffee was something that I have always loved but right now my stomach couldn't handle it

The smell of coffee was something that I have always loved but right now my stomach couldn't handle it. I wanted to sleep all day long and see no light for the whole day. But I couldn't, I had to earn money if I want to buy new stuff for my art class.

My parents had told me that they would give me money for food and clothes but nothing else. I couldn't use the money on art and if I do, they would find out. I have no idea what they would do, but I am not willing to find out since it is the only thing keeping me going lately.

It also distracts me from all the thoughts I have about some certain boy.

Those damn dimples do it every single time.

"Don't take this wrong or anything but you look awful. Why are you even here while looking like that? You look so pale as someone can be and I don't think that your face is supposed to look like that all the time." I turn around, seeing Cedric stand there with a smile on his face.

I just wanted to punch that stupid smile off his face but I had not even the power for that.

"Okay you are really sick if you don't even want to talk back to me. Okay Alex you are going to get someone to come and get you here so you can sleep at your place. I can handle the shop on my own today so don't worry about it. I will find a way to make this all work out so no worries about this, just go home now." I shake my head slowly not trying to make my stomach hurt more.

I was going to buy those new brushes.

"I can't just get home Cedric because I want to sleep it off. I really have to earn some money if I want to buy some new supplies for my art class. You know that my parents are not going to pay for that, so I really just need this money." Cedric pulls me closer to him hugging me tight. "I really need the money for art class, Cedric."

"What brushes do you want?" Cedric didn't even bother to go to the front where the other girl was waiting for us to take over her shift. "I don't need you to buy my brushes. I am capable of buying them myself."

"My parents are right about me. I am such a fucking failure." Cedric kept hugging me but just a little bit tighter. "Don't say stuff like that, Alex. You are not a fucking failure."

"You are an amazing artist and I am so proud of you for everything that you do. You made sure that your parents agreed on taking art classes." He kisses my hair. "You are strong, Alex. And I believe in you that you are going to make it."

"I will be rooting for you on the side lines." He puts both his hands at my face, cupping my cheeks while staring right into my eyes. "And if you didn't know it already, I fucking hate your parents."

Cedric knows how hard it can be for me to talk about my parents. Just mentioning them is already enough for me to cry. He could always see when my parents called me or not, they had a way to change my mood all the time.