6. The sweetest taste

Start from the beginning

I am speechless and thankful for the respect she’s showing me. The last doctor I met who wasn’t John tried to take advantage of me but I was saved from that abuse in the last minute. That was the only time I felt thankful towards John. Other than that I didn’t have much choice than to agree with what they wanted to do.

“Rather today than tomorrow,” I agree.

The examinations took around an hour and the doctor was very concerned about my weight, like I knew she would be. A woman I never met before takes me to the room where I will be spending the night and I cry out in surprise when I see the luxury in it. I usually sleep outdoors on the ground, but the fluffy bed is more than tempting.

A private bathroom is connected to the room and I take a long and hot shower in there. I haven’t taken a shower for a very long time and I enjoy the feeling of the warm water falling down over my body. I still want to take my late night swimming and I sigh loudly as I drape the white bathrobe around me.

I guess these kinds of rooms are for the WSF who are away from home. I guess they hold the most important things for a normal person, but for me it hasn’t much to offer. Sure I enjoy the shower and I will probably love the bed, but I like my freedom more. I want to be in the wild.

“There’s a swimming pool on the top floor.”

I turn around to see Jupiter lying comfortably on the bed. He looks relaxed and I start to wonder if he ever gets bored of being around me all the time. He laughs at my thought and I growl back at him. Stupid Wolf Spirit!

“Will you take me?” I ask him nervously.

He rolls his eyes and jumps off the bed. “I wouldn’t tell you unless I intended to take you there.”

We take the stairs to the top floor and I swoon at the sight of the large pool. It is not the ocean, but it is a lot of warm water that I can swim around in. I drop the bathrobe to the floor and dive into the water in my birth suit. We didn’t see anyone on our way up here so I guess no one is going to come up here this late either.

All my worries disappear when I swim. I can forget about the panic attack and the medical examination and let the water wash it away from my senses. I don’t feel attached to the world at the moment. I was allowed to live in my own world at Rosalea, but I can’t do that anymore. I need to adjust to my new life.

Only a few lamps are lit and it makes the room even more relaxing. I close my eyes and let the water drown all the sounds from the outside world. I wish I could turn off my hearing, but it is so much harder to tune the sounds out when they are all so unfamiliar.

I swim a little while before I use one of the showers on the side to wash of the water from the swimming pool. I’m exhausted at this point so I just pull on my bathrobe again and lay down in one of the relaxing chairs.

I’m almost drifting off into sleep when I hear the footsteps. They are quickly moving up the stairs to this place. I grab my bathrobe tightly around me, uncomfortable that I don’t have any spare and clean underwear to pull on. That’s something I need to ask for tomorrow.

I almost freak when I realize that Jupiter left me. I drag myself to sitting position just in time to see a blonde man walk through the doors.

The sight of him smacks me down completely. Everything I ever thought I needed just changed in this moment. I realize that I’ll be alright as long as I have him. He is slim built with muscles showing under his white shirt. He looks so handsome, kind and down to earth.

My heart is thundering and I almost melt down to the ground when he lifts his gaze from the floor and sees me. I can see his sapphire blue eyes clearly in the dark and a hot feeling of need fills me from the toes and all the way up to my head.