4

It was already Thursday and I just dropped Lily off at daycare and got to work. I was working on an article for the magazine on celebrity marriages that 'failed' within the last year since the year was coming to an end.

"Liyah," Kim said sitting down on the other side of my desk. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright I'm doing better than I was around this time days ago."

"I know, you went out cold. Is everything alright?" No one knew about Josh being Lily's dad but Tay, I didn't think it was necessary to say who he was. If he didn't know, why should I tell everyone else? When I first told them I was pregnant I had to lie and say it was a one night fling.

"I'm alright Kim I promise."

"Then why the sudden pass out? Is it your health? You were perfectly fine until you seen that guy, Josh. I know he's one of the hottest QB's but-"

"I'm okay Kim, the coffee just wasnt settling right with me."

"You know you can tell me anything, I am your boss, but I'm your friend too, you're human Liyah. We all make mistakes, or difficult decisions. By the way I need that article in about an hour."

"Got it." I said as she got up from the chair and left out the office. She had a point but I didn't see it all as a mistake, maybe just something that happened to soon with the wrong person. But I can't complain or wouldn't take it back for the world, Lilyana is my beautiful daughter.

"Liyah, there's someone here we need to introduce you too." My assistant Alina came knocking on my door.

"And who is it?"

"I'm not sure, Kim told me it was supposed to be cancelled this morning, but the person showed up I guess." Before I got up I printed out my article so on my way out I can sit it on Kim's desk. I walked out my office with Alina to meet who ever this was that needed to meet me. I looked over at Tay's desk and seen she wasn't there, she was most likely late, if she was here she would've jumped in my face telling me who it was. We walked down the long hallway, and onto the elevator.

"Are you sure you don't know who it is Alina?"

"I'm sure, it's unexpected I didn't have this anywhere on your agenda." She said looking through her planner. I looked through my phone to see if I had anything schedualed, but I didn't. As soon as the elevator doors opened, I looked straight ahead and noticed a set of familiar deep dark brown eyes that aligned with mine. A thousand memories all rushed their way through my mind all at once.

"Hi I'm Liyah."

"I mean it Liyah I don't feel this way about her. You know that. I have feelings for her but their not as strong as the ones for you."

"And no I didn't use you Liyah everything we do has a meaning behind it for me." He got up and laid next to me looking in my eyes and grabbing my face. "I'm done, there ain't much more to say."

"Cause I love you." I was in shock, it was the first time he said he loved me.

"Goodbye Josh."

"Liyah?" Alina said knocking me out of my trance. I felt my legs trembling, heart racing. I couldn't take my eyes off of him and he couldn't take his eyes off of me. "Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost." I took my eyes off of Josh to look over at Alina. I thought about how far I've become now, I shouldn't just cave in at the first sight of him all over again. What had happened before, happened for a reason.

"I might as well had." I cleared my throat and walked out the elevator with my head held high, I wasn't gonna let him get the best of me, or think I never got myself together.

"Okay Liyah this is who she wanted me to bring you too; Joshua Sanders." I stood in front of Josh and he looked down at me. We didn't say anything, we didn't shake hands. We just stood there, staring at eachother. He looked like he wanted to say something, but didn't know the right words. His eyes looked like they were full of all types of emotions just like mine.

"Uhm, are you guys okay or?" Alina said, but we both ignored it and continued to stare at eachother. I felt my legs getting weaker and my nerves getting the best of me. "Liyah you really look like you're gonna be sick."

"Alina, take this and put it on Kim's desk." I took my eyes off of his and passed her the article Kim asked me for earlier. "Just go Alina, I'll be fine." She smiled and walked away looking confused, but I didn't bother to explain to her why I was feeling the things I felt at that moment.

"Hi."