52

"It's about time you woke up." Josh said sitting in the chair next to the bed with Lily sleeping in his arms. I looked at him in confusion and looked around the room and noticed I was in a hospital.

"What? Why am I here?"

"This time I didn't get shot, you did. It was just your shoulder though, the nurses had to drug you up once they got there cause you were still attacking Naomi without even knowing you were shot."

"Of course I was." I said leaning up and then feeling the pain. I don't remember none of what Josh said but I'm sure it was true. "What happened? Did anyone die? Please tell me Naomi died I'd do the honors and dig her fucking grave myself."

"I'm not sure, last word I heard was her and the guy she came with was in critical condition. But don't worry about them Liyah." I stared at Josh and tried to remember more about what happened, and the fact that he had a gun on him still had me shocked.

"Where did you get the gun?"

"Don't worry about it, don't ask me."

"No, tell me."

"There's people out here that hate me, want me dead almost killed me or my daughter and I'm supposed to walk around and just be an open target again? Nah."

"Okay, okay. I get it." I said trying to relax and looked at my bandaged shoulder. I could still move it, but it was a bit sore. "And the police? They didn't arrest you?"

"I gave them a good story, they shouldn't come for me." He said leaning back in the chair. I didn't want none of this to backfire on Josh, I know none of it was his fault but with the way Naomi is, she'd fake a whole murder scene for him to go to jail.

"If you say so Josh."

"How's the pain?"

"Not too bad, now I can say I got shot. Got something new to tell people." I said laughing and leaning up to put on my boots.

"What are you doing?"

"I gotta go to work, I'm not sitting in this damn bed all day. It's just my shoulder chill out." I said getting up and grabbing my bag. "You watch Lily."

"Alright." Before I could even walk out of my room the police were on there way in, so I didn't even get to leave. As soon as I seen them I got nervous, I wasn't sure what was gonna happen to me or Josh, I didn't want them to arrest us both and take Lily away from me.

"We're here to arrest Joshua Sanders, there were camera's in that lobby and it shows you on some of them, and you had a gun as well, until you can prove that it's licensed you'll be charged." One of the cops said walking in the room towards Josh and I grabbed Lily from out his arms and I felt her head move against my shoulder like she was waking up. I wish she would've stayed sleep, the last thing she needs to see or think is that Josh is gonna be gone again.

"If he can't, he has good reasons why he had it." I said looking at them but you know cops, they don't care. They made Josh stand up and handcuffed his hands together and I could see the anger in Josh's face, but he knew right now it wasn't the best move to react, the cops already had the evil look on.

"Josh, don't do nothing stupid you better promise me!"

"You know I can't promise that."

"You'll get out soon, don't worry." I said as I watched them force Josh out the room.

"Where's daddy going? Why does the police have him he didn't do anything bad did he?" Lily said as she instantly lifted her head the moment she seen Josh leave out the room.

"Nope I'll be back princess, I promise." Josh yelled out from down the hall at Lily before they brought him on the elevator. I hate that she had to see it, but I know she would've still asked me every question in the book just like she is now.

"No, he didn't he'll be fine." I said kissing her head and wiping her tears, she didn't know much about what was going on but I know it was effecting her a lot. I carried her outside and out to the car, before my day could even start, I was shot in the damn shoulder, Josh is now in jail and I'm out of a babysitter, my day is just going peachy.

****************************

"They arrested him? Why?!" Tay said screaming at me in my office as Lily and I just got there. She knows he had a gun on him, but everyone knows why Josh would wanna carry a gun now, look at all he had to go through.

"The cameras. There was some that weren't shot out, turned off, or anything. So they seen that Josh had a gun too, so right now I guess they're just trying to put two and two together."

"How much is his bail?"

"I'm not sure but either way he'll get out. He knows he will, he has the money, and I have it too, I don't mind. I have Josh's back I always did, no matter what he did to me."

"I know, you've been riding with him since you met him, you both can't stop what you have or had. Just relax, hopefully you'll hear some news soon."

"I know, I can't stand all this shit that's going on. It's effecting Lily, my mind is off the damn charts cause of all these feelings. On top of that, you know my ass got shot last night and here I am at work?"

"You stupid, I would've been getting paid laying right in my bed." She said and we both laughed, she did have a point but I wasn't ready to lay in a damn bed all day and stress and be miserable about Naomi's dumbass and her people. I'd rather stress at work about articles and interviews, at least it's not the type of stress to drive you mad.

"They say Naomi's in better condition, but she's not fully awake yet, she's just moving. At least that's what Twitter says." Tay said going through her phone, telling me all the latest news about everything that happened last night.

"Well once she wakes up all hell will rise." I said sitting down at my desk doing the samething Tay was doing, scrolling down Twitter reading all the lies and made up stories about last night, we know just how ruthless journalism can be towards certain stories, and certain people. Since I was one of them, they were gonna come at me with blood just so they could tear me down, but I wasn't gonna let bullshit articles ruin me.

"I'll be back, I gotta go put my phone on the charger before this shit shuts off on me." Tay said getting up and running out the room, and as soon as she left my phone rang and it was an unknown number.

"Who's this?"

"Josh. I'm calling on a cell phone from in here." I smiled and took a sigh of relief when I heard his voice, at least now I know he's okay.

"I'm so happy to hear your voice right now, I was worried you'd do something stupid. But where'd you get the phone from?"

"Let's just say that's my something stupid. So don't worry about it, but I'm tired, come get me bae."

"Did they give you your bail yet?"

"Yeah, $5,000. You can take it from my house, or bank account I don't care, you know I got it."

"And you know I got it. I got you, I promise." I said and there was a pause, and I couldn't help but smile and reminisce about the past, we been through the mill and back with eachother. So much shit has happened, so much sadness, anger. And now I'm sitting here with a bandage on my shoulder, talking to Josh while he's sitting in jail. It doesn't get anymore Bonnie and Clyde than this does it?

"That's why I love you Liyah, you always got me. You always will, you know I'm not going anywhere." He said and I could tell by his tone of voice that even though he was upset about where he was, just talking to me was easing away some of those thoughts.

"I love you too, I never stopped and I won't. I got a little lost while you were gone for that year, but we can fix this, no matter what it takes it'll always be you in the end, I promise."

I'm so sorry for the late update, I've been so tired from work that all I literally do is sleep.

I'll make sure that won't happen again. D:

Thanks again for the reads/votes/comments! Love you all <3 c: