49

2 months later

"Are you ready?" I said looking down at Lily, watching her put on her boots. She was going with Josh for the whole entire day and I was a nervous wreck but I wasn't letting her see that. I haven't let anyone take her anywhere if I wasn't there honestly cause of the accident. Josh was in recovery for two months and he finally got out this week, and this was the first thing he wanted to do. Me and him still barely talked, didn't have much to say to eachother, I could see he was still upset and heartbroken from me, and I'm still the confused wreck I was two months ago but what's new right?

"Yeah I'm ready." She said looking up at me, I loved seeing her face everyday cause there's days I still see the accident and would think to myself what I would do if I lost her. She was excited to go with Josh too, she's been talking about it all morning. "But why aren't you coming too?"

"I can't okay, mommy has work."

"Please? So it can be all three of us." It was hard explaining to her anything we were all going through, I couldn't just tell her the exact reason why.

"You and your dad need to spend some quality time together, you make sure you have fun today okay? And I'll be at work, and you can call me anytime." I said giving her some of her favorite cookies when I heard some knocking on the door and she ran to open it and Josh was standing there looks like he was fully recovered, full of energy and didn't have the weak look to him anymore.

No matter how much he hated me right now, I was glad to see him like this. I watched him half ass die for almost a year, seeing him walk is a great thing right now. I held in my tears of joy and came over to the door, we caught eachother's eye for a few seconds but when I seen a girl come up behind him I eyed her instead. She had on a dress and heels so she was about Josh's height with those on, brown skinned with long straight black hair and tons of make up on her face, but my only question is who wears heels in the winter? I guess it's never to cold to dress the part is it?

"Wow you haven't been out the hospital a week yet and the gold diggers are already digging for gold. How ironic."

"And when I got in a coma it didn't take you long to lay up with someone else now did it?"

"At least I didn't go for somebody that looks like they've been through the mill and back, and who fucking dresses like this in the winter aren't you cold?"

"Well these are designer shoes-"

"Did I ask? I know they are, I have plenty pairs but girl it's brick outside and you out here dressed like it's the fucking fourth of July."

"Look can you just go down the hall and wait for me?" Josh said and she rolled her eyes and went walking down the hall, while I stood there looking right back at him as we stared eachother down, we both were ready for war.

"See look at you, being jealous." He said with a smirk on his face which I couldn't even tell why he had it.

I let out a laugh and shook my head, "I'm not jealous."

"I know you Liyah, what you getting jealous for? Can't handle it?"

"Can't handle what Josh? All I was doing was saying the truth."

"And being jealous."

"Whatever fuck what you're saying, but I thought it was just going to be you and Lily? You just got out Josh don't you think she needs time with you?"