55

I had just got off work, just finished dropping Lily off at Mikey's house since he was the only one that was gonna be lonely on Valentine's Day, and I needed a baby sitter. I haven't talked to Josh all day, but as I was going back in my apartment, his driver told me that he had to drive me somewhere within the next hour to meet Josh, so that's where I was, in the back of one of his cars.

Usually, I hated anything to do with Valentine's Day cause something bad always happened to me, but today I felt like today would be special for some reason, and I was ready to just enjoy Josh, no arguing, no one else in the way, just him and I. But I didn't hear from Ryan all day either, that I'm shocked about.

"We're here!" The driver yelled out as he parked the car and got out to open my door. It was a tall building far from the city, I wasn't too sure where I was. He walked me to the elevator and on my way up I could feel myself getting nervous, so I took a deep breath.

"Ugh, Liyah you can do this." As soon as the doors opened, Josh was standing there in the doorway of the elevator like a crazy person, I don't know if he was trying to scare me or what.

"Why you so close to the damn door?"

"Cause, I wanted to enjoy the view with you before we sat down." I looked at him in confusion, cause I'm not used to Josh being sensitive and sweet. I'm used to the hardcore, thirsty ass Josh.

"If you say so." He grabbed my hand and walked with me around the top of the building. It was around sunset so the sky was pink and orange, and you can see the whole skyline of the city from where we were at, it was beautiful. "This is just perfect."

"Like you." He said moving the hair out of my face and kissing my forehead.

"I'm not used to this Josh, but it's nice."

"Cause I'm finally not being an ass and pissing you off." He said laughing and I put my arms around him.

"You don't know how nice it feels though. I never thought I'd be doing this with you, or anything."

"I know how nice it feels, I didn't think I'd be able to do this either, even once I woke up after I found out you were getting married. But today isn't about that, it's about you and I."

"I know, and you're right." I said sitting down at the table and looking over at the view.

"We should talk about some stuff. You know, since I'm starting football again I'm gonna be traveling a lot, back and forth or so much practice."

"I know, that's fine, Lily understands how it works, and I know football is your life, I encourage you to do it."

"That's another reason why I love you. You encourage me, you let me chase my dreams. You let me do what I always wanted to do, while still being there. I know I fucked up a thousand times but I'm not trying to do that again."

"I love you too Josh, and don't say that. You will fuck up again, and so will I, everyone fucks up all through life."

"Well I'm done messing around, I just want you Liyah."

"Josh, don't. Soon as you got out you were so mad at me you hooked up with some hoe from off the street, don't say you just want me."

"I was hurt-"

"You hurt me how many times Josh? How many? Can you even count how many times? I never went from person to person from as many times as you hurted me. I still dragged myself along trailing behind you. So don't sit here and tell me you were hurt."

"No, I'm gonna tell you I was hurt, you know how many times I'd tell you that you were gonna be my wife, that even though I was fucking up I knew who was for me? Then here you are marrying somebody else? So yeah I was hurt."