46- "Unexpected Encounters."

Start from the beginning

"Then, are your parents-"

"No, it's in the process. It will take some time." He said in a low voice.

"Oh!" I said having no idea what else to say to him. Silence followed.

"Ah! Look at me getting all gloomy. Let's change the topic." He said while rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "I just remembered. Tell you what? I did a part time job in a game parlour once."

"Seriously? Oh, I forgot that you're a game freak too. You and Lynda are like siblings." I chuckled trying to go along with him and change the topic.

"Oh come on, it was only for a while. It was a big game parlour. Neal suggested it to me since I was jobless that time. I had fun while I was there. I met some of the craziest guys there-" Jamie said with enthusiasm. He kept talking about it while I listened to him with interest. Later, I told him about some funny interviews that I had. We shared our experiences and talked about many other things. It was like we were catching up with the time that we had lost by getting to know about each other. I literally lost track of time. When we reached Lynda's house it was almost 11 pm. We apologized to Lynda's parents since they got worried that we were outside for a long time.

...

We visited our college in the morning, the next day to refresh our memories. I was in a good mood due to last night... which is bad. No, I cannot allow myself to get attached to him again. He just came here for a few days, that's all.

We were just walking outside when I happened to see a black car parked outside the college gates. I turned my head to the other side, mentally praying that it wasn't what I was imagining it to be. I continued walking with my friends pretending to engage in their conservation while getting shitty nervous inside. Unfortunately, my considerable fate decided to be cruel today.

"That's rude princess. I came to see you and yet you're here ignoring me." I heard Raghav's voice just behind me and froze for a second there. Everyone turned around and saw the person getting equally shocked as me.

"I wasn't particularly ignoring you. Is that why you called me this morning to know my plans for today?" I said with a sarcastic smile. I thought he was just asking me casually about what I will do today. I didn't expect him to meet me out of the blue. At least he should have informed me before. I don't fancy the idea of showing him off to my friends.

"Alright, never mind that. I missed you." He smiled and walked over to hug me in FRONT OF EVERYONE even though it was a short one. Did he just hug me on purpose? I took a  quick glance at Jamie who had turned his head away from my directon, his face unreadable.

I eyed Raghav as to what he was doing but he just winked at me. I fought my urge to roll my eyes. "Hey everyone, meet Raghav. And Raghav these are my best friends from college." I introduced them with a forced smile.

"I heard quite a lot about you people. Thanks for taking care of her and also congrats to you." Raghav said the last bit to Lynda in a kind voice. It  made Jamie roll his eyes right in front of him. Haha! I guess I'm not the only one who thinks his sweet side is creepy.

"We heard a lot about you as well and thank you." Lynda said and they shook hands.

"I hope whatever you heard was all good." Raghav grinned. I stood a little behind Raghav and shook my head sideways, trying to show my friends that they shouldn't say anything rude to him even if they want to. I hope they get my message. It's not like I'm afraid of Raghav but if he suspects something he will definitely confront me and I don't want to be a part of that pointless argument afterwards.

"Yes, yes, all good. Ayu told us about how you two used to make mud castles when you were children." Ashima interrupted and I heaved a sigh of relief. Not bad Ash.