Chapter 73

-GLEN-

Napatingin ako sa babaeng kasama ko dito sa loob ng sasakyan ngunit nakaupo sa kabilang dulo ng backseat.

We were on our way to the party's venue. I could choose not to attend but I'm damn sure I'll be the talk of the town once I did not show my fucking face tonight.

Damn that Torres.

Kate was just looking out the window which let me have a good look at her.

Who would have thought that this woman was once my stiff as a wood secretary? I couldn't see a trace of the old Kate in her.

She was wearing a black, off-shoulder evening dress which emphasized her sexy collarbones. Her hair was neatly tied up in a bun which revealed her slender neck. The dress also showed a bit of her cleavage and my damned eyes couldn't help but stare.

Tahimik lang kami. And it's awkward as fuck.

Hindi ako sanay na tahimik si Kate. She was always talking when we were together before – spouting my appointments like they were a part of her daily life, reminding me whenever it was time to eat, asking me if I was okay when it was clearly visible on my face that I was having a fucked up day, and making sure that her job was done well just like how I wanted it. She had always exceeded my expectations, yes, all the fucking time.

I knew I messed up. Saan pa ako makakahanap ng secretary na ganoon ka-efficient? Justine was okay, but he's not as meticulous. And he's a guy. And he didn't have Kate's legs.

Tumikhim ako kaya napatingin siya sa akin.

"Yes, Sir? Do you need anything?" she asked in a very secretary-like tone.

My jaw clenched.

"I'm not your boss right now, Kate Winslet. I'm your fucking date, so call me by my fucking name."

I always hated it when she calls me Sir. It sounded distant and cold. And I don't fucking know why it makes me angry every fucking time.

I watched as she blushed lightly while her eyes were looking everywhere but me.

"Ano'ng kailangan mo, G-Glen?"

Why was she stuttering? Is it so hard to utter my fucking name?

"First off, can you sit closer to me? Para akong may nakakahawang sakit kung makaupo ka ng ganyan kalayo sa akin."

"Uhm, no thanks. I'm comfortable here."

Napatiim-bagang ako. Why was she so damn stubborn?!

"Suit yourself. Just don't jump out of surprise when I hold you close later," inis na sabi ko.

Nanlalaki ang mga matang tumingin siya sa akin.

"Ha? Bakit kailangang may hawak?"

I scoffed.

"Saan ka nakakita ng magka-date na one seat apart? I know you've never had a man in your life, but this is a no-brainer, Kate."

Napangisi ako nang lalong manlaki ang mga mata niya at pagkatapos ay mamula.

Damn, she looked cute.

"Whatever, Glen."

I chuckled and then stared at her again.

"Kate."

"Hmm?"

"I'm just curious. Bakit ka pumayag na maging date ko? Tell me, what is it that you really want?"

Malakas ang pagtanggi niya noong unang beses ko siyang tinanong na maging date ko. Pero noong sinabi kong ibibigay ko kahit anong kapalit ang hingin niya, biglang nagbago ang isip niya.