Chapter 68

-KYRELLE-

"Oho~! Kuya Kris is gonna kill me~!" I muttered to myself.

I have never been to the Philippines that's why I was really excited to go out and roam around!

I don't expect my Dad to take me out since he's busy with Mom. Kuya Zen went to school, maybe? And Kuya Kris was busy staring at his sleeping girlfriend!

I got bored in their condo because it was so plain and too dull! It was soooo clean but it looked lifeless.

The only life I saw there were Kuya Zen's plants and succulents.

I walked around and found a nearby park. People were looking at me like I was a celebrity. Can't blame them though – I knew I was a stunner. Blame it on my parent's genes.

For a girl, I was unusually tall at 5'10". I dyed my hair blonde, so I won't feel out of place from my classmates back in US. They said I looked like Taylor Swift because my hair was also curly. Like really curly! My eyes were brown though and were hooded by thick lashes, which I think I got from my mom.

"Ate, ikaw ba si TS? Hala, kamukha mo si TS!" a little girl suddenly came up to me with a question I don't understand.

I crouched down so I could talk to her properly.

"Sorry, little girl, I don't understand Tagalog," I said as I bit my lip. I should have tried to learn the language, but I was too lazy to do so.

"Pwede pong magpa-picture?!" she asked again, her eyes twinkling.

Picture? Does she want her picture taken?

I looked at her empty hands. She does not have any phone with her. Maybe I can use mine?

I fished for my phone in my pocket and moved a bit farther from her so I could take a photo properly.

But before I could take one, she held my hand and shook her head.

"No. Not me. Not just me. Selfie! Selfie!" she said enthusiastically as she pointed at me and herself.

Ahh! Okay, I see. She wanted a photo of us together.

I smiled at her and moved back to her side.

"Sorry about that. Ready?"

She put her arms around my neck and smiled happily at the camera. I took couple of shots of us. She was so cute! Her smile was so wide, not minding that she was missing one front tooth.

"Sayang wala pa akong phone. Hindi ko mahihingi. Ate pa-add na lang ako sa facebook ha! Tapos tag mo ako!" she happily said as she removed her hands around my neck.

"You have facebook? What's your name?" I asked. I was thinking of sending her the pictures.

"I am Courtney Reyes. Add mo ako ate, ha..."

"Courtney! Bakit iniwan mo ko bigla? Gusto mo bang mawala na naman? Mapapalo na naman tayo kina Mommy."

A boy suddenly appeared and held the little girl's hand.

"Hi!" I butted in.

The little boy turned around and looked at me.

His eyes widened upon seeing me.

"Kuya, kamukha niya si TS 'no? Yung crush na crush mo, Kuya!"

The boy cleared his throat and wiped his other hand on his shirt, but he did not let go of Courtney's hand. How sweet! They suddenly reminded me of myself and Kuya Zen.

We were so close when we were young!

"H-Hi, Miss Prettyful. Uhm, my name is K-Kurt. N-N-Nice to meet you po," he said blushing and extended his hand to me.