Chapter 30

-VANN-

"You look amazing, babe," sabi ni Gwen sakin habang nagsasayaw kami.

To be honest, she looked stunning. Patunay niyon ang mga lalaking agad na nabaling ang tingin sa amin nang sabay na pumasok kami.

Gwen had foreign features - she was a redhead with grey eyes. Any man would be honored to be her date.

I turned her around and held her waist.

"You look just as amazing, Gwen," I said, complimenting her.

"But not enough to make you like me?" she said smiling.

"Come on, you know I like you. I wouldn't have agreed being your partner if not."

"Yeah right, Vann Kaizen."

Gwen was a nice girl. She was straightforward and knows what she wants. She was like Sugar but less bitchy. And she was a great friend. 

But I can't see her more than that. 

"Hey, I think I saw a friend. Do you mind if I go say hi to her? Of course, you can go with me," sabi niya nang matapos kaming magsayaw.

"Nah, I'm fine. I'll go get some wine. Call me if you need me, alright?"

She just smiled and excused herself while I went to the wine station and got myself a drink.

Pumunta ako sa isang parte na walang tao at tahimik na sinimsim ang inumin ko. There were couples everywhere - sweetly dancing and swaying to the music. 

I may not have fallen in love before but I know what falling in love looks like.

Kinuha ko yung phone sa bulsa ko at tiningnan yung mga litrato namin kanina.

Ang kukulit lang ng mga group pictures namin. Walang matino kasi ang gulo ni Myca. Pinagtripan niya kami ni Kuya.

The rest of the photos were of the two of them - and the way they stare in each other's eyes clearly showed the face of people in love. 

Napahigpit ang hawak ko sa cellphone ko nang makita ko ang sumunod na litrato. Ito yung stolen shot na kinunan ko with Myca. 

Sabi niya ang pangit ng pagkakakuha dahil nakapikit yung mga mata niya but I believed otherwise.

Dahil sa lahat ng babaeng narito na nakita ko, si Myca pa rin ang pinakamaganda para sakin.

I can't help but smile bitterly as I stare at my face in the picture - the guy looked fucking whipped. He was smiling like he won the lottery.

My chest hurt when I remembered what was about to happen tonight. I wished her luck, but am I really fine with it?

What the hell am I thinking? Of course, I'm fine! Things were going exactly as planned. 

Don't mess the fuck up.

"Hmmm... You looked so happy in that picture but why do you look so down now?"

Agad na nabaling ang tingin ko sa babaeng hindi ko napansin na katabi ko na pala.

She was wearing a black dress and looked absolutely beautiful.

Agad na ibinulsa ko yung phone ko at inisang lagok yung isang baso ng wine na hawak ko.

"Shoo, hey. Nasaan yung buntot mo?" tanong ko kay Sugar, ignoring her question.

"He got cornered by his teammates. So, bakit ka mukhang pinagsakluban ng langit at lupa, Vann?"

I nervously laughed.