Chapter 38

Warning: SPG :)

-VANN-

"Hey, are you okay?"

Napatingin ako sa babaeng katabi ko. Her name was Ashley, the Aussie girl I met earlier at the restaurant.

Myca and Kuya were all over each other and I didn't want to look like a pathetic third wheel, so I hooked up with her.

"Yes, Ash. I'm fine. Are you done with the dare?"

Narito kami sa isang night party dito sa Boracay. People were having a wild night. There were pairs shamelessly making out, while others were drinking like crazy.

Ash was dared to have body shots and she was more than willing to oblige.

"Yup! Easy as fuck," she said smiling before taking the seat beside me. "You don't look like you're having fun, Vann."

"What are you saying? Of course, I am," sabi ko at hinawakan ko ang hita niya.

"Then, do you want to go somewhere else? Somewhere more private?" she teasingly said. She held my hand which was on her thigh and guided it further up.

I would have gone with her and had a fun night if it weren't for the voice nagging in my head.

"Vann, k-kailangan ko ng tulong mo. Please, tulungan mo ko."

Pikit-matang inalis ko yung kamay ko mula sa pagkakahawak niya bago tumayo.

"Sorry, Ash. I just remembered I have something important to do," I said and left some cash to pay for the drinks.

I left her who was now probably thinking what a jerk I was.

Naglakad ako paalis sa lugar na iyon at tinahak ang daan pabalik ng hotel habang bumabalik sa alaala ko ang pag-uusap namin ni Myca.

"Now, tell me... what happened, ate? Why were you crying? Bakit ka nasa ospital? At bakit hindi mo kasama si Kuya?"

Lumipas ang ilang sandali na hindi siya nagsasalita. Nang akmang tatanungin ko ulit siya, doon siya mahinang sumagot.

"I need to leave, Vann. Kailangan ko nang umalis sa bahay niyo," sabi niyang gumagaralgal ang boses.

I felt like I was punched in the gut. I knew that one day she will have to leave but I didn't think it would be this soon.

"B-bakit biglaan? May nangyari ba?"

She bit her lip and put her hands on her face and started crying.

"N-nasa ospital ang Daddy ko, Vann. Siya yung pinuntahan ko sa ospital," aniya at tahimik na umiyak.

"Si Mommy yung nakausap ko. She begged for me to go home. Nagmakaawa sa akin ang Mom ko, Vann. She never once did that. Ang babaeng walang kahit na sinong yinuyukuan maliban sa Dad ko, nagmakaawa sa akin na anak niya."

She held her chest as she gasped for breath.

I looked away. I can't bear to see her cry. Ang sakit makita.

"What are your plans now? Are you going back?"

Atubiling tumango siya.

"I can't let them suffer any longer. Masyado na akong naging masamang anak. I was just a selfish brat who thought about nothing but herself."

"Pa'no si Kuya? Pa'no kayo?"

Pa'no ako?

Nag-uunahang pumatak ang mga luha sa mga mata niya.