Chapter 27

FLASHBACK ENDS...

★★★★★

I wiped off the rolling tears coming down my cheeks and stood up, I glance at the wall clock and saw its 3:30am in the morning already. I changed into a night gown and laid on my bed, I can't have any sleep, I was just mopping on my bed.

Some hours afterwards...

I heard the sound of my door opened and it felt like I was dreaming, just as I was about to relax back to my sleep, my conciousness asked me to open my eyes thank god I wasn't fast asleep. Immediately I opened my eyes I saw Usman with a bucket full of water in his hand and I quickly hoist up gasping for air.

"Ohh" he giggles. "Am glad this logic wakes you up. My bath water should be ready in the next 5mins and breakfast in the next 20minutes. Off you go." he states in his authoritative voice.

I looked at him sympathetically, "but you know its impossible for your bath water to be ready as you want it in just 5minutes in this chilly wheather."

"I'm sorry" he said full of sarcasm "I don't care weather you will be casting a spell in the water so it will boil fast, all I know is that i'll be expecting my bath water in the next 5minutes" he state glancing at his wrist watch.

I muttered under my breath "why won't you just call a plumber to repair the tap?"

"Because I want to be waking you up every chilly morning with a cold water 'cause I heard what you said just now." He state taking some few steps forward, on seeing this I spun around and followed the other door and left the room.

Thank goodness I have some hot water inside my flask, all I needed to do now is to reheat it for him and so I did. His bath water was ready in the next 4minutes and I took it to his bathroom without wasting time. Just as I was about coming out of his room, I saw him coming and I got frightened all of a sudden. I shifted back to let him pass and when he passed, I made my way out of his room just then he snapped my hair and I had to scream because of the sharp pain I felt, the slap he placed on my face made me shut up.

I was only crying unsoundly. He smirked evily at me and dumped me on the floor. "I thought you are brave, I mean you made it clear to me that you are superwoman, didn't you? Then why are you always crying a day and night. Oh common is this what happens to a person marries the love of his life? Forgoodness sake get up" and he offered his hand for me to grip. I wiped off my tears and stood up without holding his hand and I left his room to the kitchen. The dining was set and everything was in place I winced to my room immediately as I heard the sound of his door opened.

Just some minutes afterwards he roared my name just as expected. I started chewing off my finger nails without thinking, I don't know whats wrong with the food this time again "I pray you don't throw the food at me this time" I pray earnestly. He roared my name again and this time in a more angry tone than he used before.

I frightedly left my room and went for his call. I stood by my doorside so even if he wants to hurt me I can get back inside and lock the door oh dang it! he has the spare key with him.

"So this is the breakfast?" He questioned.

"Please Usman don't throw the plates at me, tell me what is it you want and I'll cook it for you..." I state in a cracky voice.

"What I want?" He questioned raising an eyebrow. And I nodded solemnly.

"What I want is food that is meant for humans" he roared at the peak of his voice that got me frightened.

"Okay, okay I will do it am sorry." I apologised pleadingly.

"You're never sorry." He said and pushed down the glass plates allowing them to hit the floor. I covered my ears to avoid the irritating sound.

He frustately grabbed his bag and left. I reached down crying only if I can reverse time and make things right. I cried there for almost an hour before I finally hoised up and cleaned everywhere. My body was all aching because of how I work without rest everyday, I didn't had the energy to cook but do I have an option? I laid this curse upon myself so I have to endure all the hardships.

But anytime I cook, He never eats it, I just stress out myself. Me cooking and not is all thesame to him so let me take a break today. And when it was time for lunch, I cooked indomie noodles since I was only cooking for myself. After eating I took my bath and dressed into a simple mermaid gown.

Not long enough I heard the sound of Usman’s car. I just don't know this but anytime he is at home I seem never at ease. "Aisha!" He roared my name "not again please" I pray earnestly. I stopped by the door "am here" I answered.

"Well? Where is my food? Don't tell you you were sleeping all day and forgot to cook my lunch, I guess I have to keep you busy next time maybe you can start doing the laundry for me. Insolent dog. Where is my lunch for the last time?"

I stammered "I..I..I." My eyes rapidly fillling with moisture.

"You f*cking what??" He yells out.

I'm crying now. "I'm sorry" I apologised.

"Meaning you didn't cook today? Hilarious, I like it, so you've grown wings too." He clapped his hands.

I tried explaining. "I didn't cook today, because I see anytime I cook you never like it to talk more of eating so I decid..." I was cut off from saying 'decided.'

"You're really asking for it today." He dropped his bag on the couch and removed his suit and in just a flash he was standing infront of me he grasped my arm and gave me a dirty hot slap in the face. I cried out at the peak of my voice. "Shut up you filthy wrech. What more importance do you have in this house other than cooking, huh?"

He threw me to the floor my legs sprawled. He removed his belt and started hitting me mercilessly. I cried and cried, plead and pleaded but he won't stop untill when his phone started ringing. He paused gasping heavily and as he glanced at the screen his eyes dilated. He glared at crying me and placed his finger on his lips meaning for to keep quiet and I did, I swallowed my cry before he add more to me.

"Hello mom" he said as he picked up the call. "So have you reached there safely?" His asking smiling...

"Yeah just now I'm waiting for the driver to come pick me up" she state exhaustedly. "How's Aisha? Didn't get to say goodbye though"

"Oh mom I have a bad news for you." And I changed my mood immediately. "Its about Aisha" He state sounding weak and defeated.

"Yes..." She state curiously.

"Just this morning she had a miscarriage, the baby.. The baby is gone" He stated sounding like he was crying.

"What? Who had a miscarriage? And which baby got lost? I wonder why Usman is like this, even to his own mother why won't he let me get pregnant?"

Mom screamed out "whaaattt?? Omi'god nooo why didn't you tell me today before I left?" She added shocked and still not believing what her ears where actually hearing. "I'll be coming back tomorrow. Omi'god I pity the poor girl."

"Noooo...noo mum you don't have to please" He tried stopping her. "I'll take care of her I mean i've been excused from work for a week you don't have to come she's feeling much better now."

"Are you sure honey? You don't need mama?"

_____________
WELL WELL WELL ONE WORD FOR Usman.😏

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, SHARE AND COMMENT XOXO.

Thank you all  sweethearts. Thanks for reading. I love you and thanks for putting on a smile on my face.