Chapter 21

21

Just as if someone was waiting for me to finish my talking, I heard the sound of our gate opened. I quickly peeped through the window only to see Usman’s hot car, I swear I didn't know the time I started smiling, my mood changed immediately as I saw mom's car behind his.

       Not long enough, I heard mom’s and Usman’s voice in the living room they were exchanging greetings yeah... “Aisha! Usman is here” Mom called out. I didn't answer instead I just made my way to the living room.

         And so I did. I swear mom's jaw almost dropped, she couldn't take her eyes off me I didn't know the time I started scratching the back of my head avoiding her gaze, feeling all uncomfortable and guilty. As for Usman he didn't even noticed I 've joined.

        She finally breathed. She called my name suprisingly with her eyes dilated.

         I faked a wide grin, its then that He raised up his dreamy dark brown eyes and set them on me, he smirked.

Omg! That smirk.

     He instantly stood up and made it towards me, mum still didn't utter anything as she couldn't believe her daughter’s dressing is very beautiful.

     His scent is a tentalizing smell of musk and pure male scent.

Common! Quit it! Its just an act for mom to see, remember?

       He redirected his gaze to mom's,  “Oh sorry mom, I just can't ignore Aisha's beauty.” He said using his other hand to scratch the back of his head as if being shy. “Oh common! Are you trying to tease me right now?” Mum asked while blushing.

    He chuckled making him worth more looking. “You know its the truth...” He paused and took a glance at his bouzet wrist watch... “We need to go.”

   “Go where?” mum asked all confused. “Uh! A date? Yeah a date mom” I said lightly, I can see the deadly glare mom is giving me I just had to ignore it. “Oh okay!” She finally said. “Have a nice evening, am going in.” She walked passed us
        I raised up my head and looked at him only to see him giving me a disgusting look, he then smirked as usual “lets go” he said leading me outside. I just followed him like a  zombie.

      The drive to the nearby restor was the most boring and irritating ride I've ever had, as he was just busy making phone call with Humairah, calling her all the romantic names I know on earth and even some I don't, I had to plug in an earpiece and turn on a loud music. “We are there” he finally said turning off the ignition.

        Without hesitation I opened my door and him to did thesame, we sat on thesame table we sat the other day. And this time around even when the waitress came he told her we aren't in need anything unless I'll be needing maybe a glass of water and I told him I was fine also. He nodded in agreement, now that the waitress has left.

      “What did you say earlier about our plan?”

  I cleared my throat first “I said I can't do it, I can't let mom down, she've trust...” I was cut of from saying “trusted”

       Quiet a number of people starred at us before returning back to their businesses. He run his hand through his hair for so many time, I can see how aggravated he was, how his dark brown eyes turned darker says it all. I'm starting to fear him really before he finally speaks.

     “Damn it Aisha! Damn you! What the heck is your problem and where are your senses? You must be hiding them inside your closet maybe. Don't push me, don't make me become harsh on you, don't think I don't have a tough side, I really do and you aren't going to like it. I was being nice to you and am still gonna be if you're willing to do as I say. Whats so difficult in saying ‘mom I don't like James I want you to get rid of this arranged marriage over with,’ huh!? What so difficult in saying that?”

       With my eyes filled with moisture I stammered “its..its not like that...”

Omg his eyes are turning even darker, what dis I say this time? That  exasperated him.

   He yelled at the peak of his voice, this time around the whole people in the restor where all starring at us.

       I'm crying now, I can't hold it anymore, I can't take it anymore I have to spell it out for him.

         “Usman don't you get it? Or do I have to really spell it out for you? I love you, yes I do love you and I was the person who brought up all this arranged marriage not our parents. Ever since I first saw you, love at first sight was what I felt for you I love you Usman why won't you give me a chance, I know am not perfect but I can be for you please...” I said voice dropping considerbaly and tears rolling down my reddish cheeks.

     He kept quiet for a while as he was scruitinizing my face, I can't help but shed tears in front of Him like a baby. “You what?” He asked quizically with a smirk on his face. “You love me?” He laughed to himself humorlessly.

     “Thats where you're wrong sweetie, I don't love you and I never will, you're not my type of girl, well you might dress the way I want but YOU?” laying more emphasis on 'you' “I don't love you, its not like you're even a lady to me.”

      Still crying I said “why? Why won't you see me as a lady? What have I not got? Just give us a chance and I...”

    He interrupted me, “shhh” placing his index finger on his lips “there is no 'us' sweetie. You and I belong to a different world. I'm not asking you now am ordering you to go and tell your mom you don't like me anymore or else you'll be the one digging your own grave. I already have a girlfriend whom I love and even if I do not have, I'll never go for a girl like you. So please, am pleading you now stop being delusional and do whats right before its late”

_____
Vote and comment please its the only way you can put on a smile on my face as am trying so hard to do that to you too. Lots of love