Chapter 37

Aisha’s POV;

Only if I can have a caring and loving husband like Him. I envy the girl. Suddenly, moisture started filling in my eyes. "Oh! Aisha meet my husband Edward" her voice pulled me out of my thoughts and before I could get to wipe off the hung tears, some were already flooding down my cheek.

"Edward honey, meet my friend-" she didnt get to finish what she was saying as she saw me crying. "Omi'god!" she exclaimed passing her son to her husband, she moved over to me. "Omi'god why are you crying?" She shoved her hand into her handbag and brought out a hanky, wiping off my tears for me. I felt embarrassed crying infront of a new friend and her husband.

I collected the hanky and wiped off my tears instantly, I faked a smile and lied "oh common see how worried you are, I wasn't crying, something got into my eyes that made tears coming out but its okay now."

Still not agreed to what I said as she was looking at me with a questioning expression on her face. I tried to change the topic. "Hello Edward I'm Aisha." We shook hands and did the formal greeting their little prince smiled at me as if he knew me somewhere. I love babies and babies do love me too unfortunately I can't have one of my own.

"Awww you've got a cute prince there" and I collected him from his pa's hand. I started playing with him and the smart boy was just laughing which made me laugh too.

"Uh babe" Fiona states referring to her husband "please can you excuse us? I want to talk to Aisha I'll be back in a bit" she winked at him and beckoned me over.

We sat on a bench not too far away from Edward's car. I was paying more attention to this little prince, he was really making my day. "What's his name?" "Kevin" She answers me.

"Aww" I pout acutely at him. "Aisha!" Fiona called my name. I turned and looked at her with my face not wearing any expression. "What is it that made you cry?" She asked me the question I was afraid of. I just can't, I can't tell her what is actually going on in my house I don't want her to feel pity towards me.

I lied playing with Kevin. "Don't you believe me? Some kind of particle entered my eye."

"No Aisha thats not just it." She placed her warm palms on my hand. "You can trust me, its written all over your face that you've got a problem, a really huge problem. Keeping problems to oneself is never really a solution, feel free and tell me what is it that is bothering you who knows I might be of help"

Fiona is such a kind hearted person her family is so lucky to have her. The way she speaks, its another thing itself. Seeing I have no intention of talking made her threw another question at me. "Are you married?" Her eyes scanning through my fingers and before I could get to hide my engagement ring and lie with a NO she've already saw it because I put a ring on my finger because I have always liked it.

I had no option than to tell her the truth do I? "Yes I'm married" I said in a voice full of regret.

"Omi'gosh!" she placed her palms on both of her cheeks "I'm so sorry Aisha please forgive me." She apologized and I wondered why so? Or is she some kind of priestess that reads the mind of people.

"Excuse me!" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"I understand everything I'm sorry, terribly sorry for your lost"

I didn't know the time I bursted out laughing I don't even have a family than to say I lost them, I've got just one immortal family which is Usman.

"Aisha are you really okay?"

Still laughing I responded, "I haven't lost any of my family, the only family that I have is my husband, I don't have a child yet." I concludede smiling.

"Ohh there I go again, I always overreact so be frank with me and tell me what actually made you cry because I don't believe that lame excuse" she pouted.

And suddenly my mood changed, she noticed that and patted my shoulders "you can trust me" she assures.

I snort out. My eyes were on baby Kevin, "you see to be actual frank with you your family made me cry." She furrowed her eyebrows in a confused way showing she didn't get my point.

"My family? What did they do?"

"No" I protested "not that they did something bad" I smile. Actually how cute you and your family look together made me cry. How your husband loves you, how you love him back and how this cute prince here seal your hapiness its just perfect." And oppss! My eyes are watering again. I used the hanky she gave me before and wiped them off.

"Ever since I was a child i've always dreamt of marrying a breath taking gorgeous man into a one in town mansion where we could get to play around with our children." I paused and she patted me by the shoulder again. I continued, "God did all that I asked for, only that the man I married don't love me in return, its been about 7 months since we married but uptil now there is no sign of pregnancy with me, I mean yo-" she cuts me off signaling for me that she've understood what I meant.

She asked me tones of questions about how did we get married since he doesn't love me bla bla bla! I didn't lie to her about a thing, I told her everything, how I was in love but not anymore now I talk back at him and don't allow him slap or even beat me.

I can see how her sensory nerves calmed down. Is like she like the new me compared to the dumb one before. After telling her my miserable story.

Fiona placed her palms on my hands and ask me to look into her eyes. There was nothing held in her eyes than the truth nothing but the truth she started;

"Aisha you know in life especially us the women God created us from just a single bone from a man's body. We don't deserve suffering at all, all women are precious, more precious than gold, diamond and silver. Women are known for pride, dignity and class. It should be a guy who should be bugging, pleading and crying out for a lady to love him back and not vice versa. But nowadays it turned out to be vice versa, you'll see a pretty young lady as you bugging for a guy to love her back which shouldn't be happening. The trap women of nowadays easily fall into is being desperate for love theres a love quote that says love it timeless I never believed in thats. Surely everything has it rightful time in loge even death, we only die when the time comes. To study, love, marry, concieve a child, it all has it time right? All we need to do is wait for the right time... I'm sorry to say this friend but you've mislead your life by marrying that Usman you know, I hate him even though he is still your husband but it isn't to late to lead it now. You've already started leading it and believe me I'll try my possible best to help you out. You're just like a sister to me a twin sister since ofcourse we are agemates." She chuckled and I smiled. I thanked her for everything and soon she told me they'll have to leave she's hungry. I passed baby Kevin to her and we did the good bye's after exchanging phone numbers.

She insisted on taking me home but I refused because I don't want a scene to happen infront of her even though she've known my secret but it still not appropriate.

After her family left, I stopped a taxi and told him the name of my area, that I know. He hit the sterring and off we went. After paying him his fare I shoved myself outside. Postioned my dress and clutch before pushing the gate and opening it.

As I saw Usman’s car, my heart suddenly skipped a beat I know there must be a drama awaiting me because he won't let what I did earlier to him to just go like that, he'll ofcourse get back at me. Letting go off the realisation I made my way inside peacefully.