Chapter one

It was a beautiful day, the sky is cloudy, the weather is so charming, everyhwere was so quiet only the sound of birds singing, dewed colourful flowers moving from one direction to the other due to the breeze blowing slowly, butterflies adding more look to the enviroment I found myself sitted on a wresting chair with one of my favorite novel held in my other hand, whereas the other with a fresh milk. Sipping my fresh milk and reading my novel.

    I find myself enjoying this moment, finally my problems are all gone, the animal I call my husband is finally gone too...! The next thing I heard was I was wetting head-to-toe due to the full bucket of cold water my evil husband poured onto me. I woke up nd instantly, gasping heavily with both of my hands on my face sqeezing my eyes. I now realised I was dreaming, it was all a dream how, I wish that dream will come true... Before uttering a word Usman(my husband) screamed at me, "well? Won't you awake? Or are you waiting for another bucket full of water? And believe me its gonna be colder than this" He said in a very thundering voice.

      I stood up instantly still soaking head-to-toe, he gave me a fierce look, from head-to-toe I have to admit I nearly pee in my pants. He added, "tell me Aisha (my name) what am I gonna do with you? You're as useless as a piece of wood, ever since you came to this house all you do is to sleep around in this huge bed you are not used to, eat, cause me trouble at work place, bring me badluck and most of all full my soakaway". I didn't say anythng for all this while listening to him with my head facing downward shivering constantly. He screamed louder than he did before, pointing at his arm "look here, If it isn't because I don't have a caring wife to wake me up from sleep nd get me prepared for work how will I get burned like this? Pulling my left arm. I exclaimed in my thin voice "awwch! Am sorry but..." He interrupted "but..but" immitating and making jess of me. He added, "thats your response everyday but but... looking for a way to save your black skin..." giving me a fierce look. I said but... Again, he interrupted by yelling "shut up! You stupid woman before I do something nasty here" without a second thought I shut up.

   He was still looking at me the next thing I heard was the way he arrogantly pulled my hair, I made a sound louder than the one I did earlier pleading.. "Usman pls stop it, its hurts". He smiled in a freakish manner as he use to always and dragged me, he stopped at nowhere but the kitchen throwing me unto the ground I gasped weakily praying for saviour from Allah. He walked towards me and pulled me by the hair again I stood up instantly begging him to let go off my long, dark, curly hair packed at the centre of my head. We walked straight to the gas cooker he set his pot on.

       He pulled my left arm and placed it onto the hot boiling pot I had to scream like never before the pain felt like I was dying. I didn't finish screaming when he added a hot slap to my face I couldn't scream no more, I was just crying unsoundly. He dragged me closer to him feeling the air he is breathing and muttered "does it hurt now? That was exactly how I felt earlier... now we're even" he added letting my hair go. I fell down helpleslly crying unsoundly, he stared at me for about 2mins without any intention of giving me a help hand. And then said in a thundering voice, "are you gonna sit there? Stupid woman go get me a bucket' it took some time for me to stand up then brought him the bucket, gently rubbing my burnt arm he looked at me and then said, "well? Won't you pour it? Or are you by chance waiting for me to pour it myself, seriously? You have no shame you know"
     Squeezing out the tear hung in my eyes I said in a very thin voice full of misfortune "please do pour it yourself Usman my hand hurts alot I really can't".

    He raised his hand up to give me a slap seeing this I closed my eyes quickly then  he stopped I opened my eyes slowly and find him looking at me he then smiled arrogantly. Poured the water himself for all this while I was standing, gently rubbing my burnt arm still. The next thing I noticed was the way he pulled me by my burnt arm I had to open my small mouth to scream imemediately he shut me with a kiss. I tried to resist the kiss but it was too late, I couldn't (Am only useful to Usman when he's desire is up, am nothing but good for that, and anytime he does it with me he uses protection saying it to my face he dont wanna have a baby with me.