Chapter 16

Usman’s' POV;

     Mom screamed in delight, guess she missed my sarcasm. She hugged me and kissed me on the forehead. “Come on! Mom” I called out “quit it already, am going to my room now.” I stood up and made it to my room as I laid flat on my royal bed, mom's words started dancing in my head they couldn't leave my memory alone. This is the 100th time am shaking my head to let go off mum's words but it isn't working.

          “Now whats the solution to this whole crap?” I muttered under my breathe changing my position, I sat upright “I can only marry for love and Humairah is the one I love and not that mom's cousin whatever. And the only way out is to meet this girl and rub it to her face that I don't love her, if it will take a threatening, I will have to do it so as to scare her away from marrying me, thats it! Thats what am going to do now.” I laid back on my bed feeling more at ease now.

        Aisha’s POV;

       Aisha Mom called out. “Yes mom!” I answered “be there in a bit.” I hurriedly pulled my trouser and left for mum's room. I find her sitted on a couch, “mom am here” I said smiling. She smiled back and beckoned me over. “You are so gonna love this” she said smiling. “Tell me, tell me mom.” I said curiously.

        “Usman’s mother just called now and she told me he has agreed to it, now all thats remaining is for you two to meet and talk, so you'll start getting along.” My eyes dilated and I screamed in delight pressing her a rough hug “really mom?” I asked not letting her go. “You mean Usman and I? OMG” I added. “I think you're going to kill mummy in the process.” Mom called out breathing so hard.

        I let go off her quickly “sorry mom” I said blushingly “you know how I must be feeling now right?” She smiled “even so you don't have to kill mummy, do you?” I shook my head as if a kid being scolded “so mum when is the date?”  “I don't know” she answered “its left for you two to decide, argh! Almost forgotten here's Usman’s phone number am sure he'll even call you but for security purposes, have it.” I copied it to my phone and winced to my room. I jumped over my bed giving my phone a tight hug as if I was hugging a human. His phone number just is driving me crazy, I can't wait to meet him.

         ★★★★

     Its already 9:45PM at night and he hasn't called me, this is the 1000th time am starring at my phone screen. I have been awaiting for his call since in the afternoon or maybe he misplaced my number, I think I should call him. A part of me said, “oh no! you are way selling your pride.” I shook my head and muttered “I couldn't care less if it was for Usman.”

      ★★★

        My heart was racing as I was waiting for him to pick up the call. It nearly ended before he picked it up finally without uttering a word. I broke the silence by saying;

“Uh hello...?”

I heard him snap “yes?”

  OMG his voice is so so taking my breath away. Its deep, husky, yet charming.
      Will you stop it already?  focus!

“uh its Aisha m...”

“Will it change a fact?” Was his respond and because of how I was stupidly and madly in love with him, the words didn't even get to me, to my ears the words were like a lullaby to a sleeping baby.

       He's voice is melting my heart. Before I say another word he said;

     “Kabachi Chinese fushion bistro at 4pm tomorrow...” I was about saying “okay” when he hanged up on me. I pulled out my phone out of my ear giving it a deadly glare, is Usman for real? Didn't mom just told me he has agreed to the proposal? Then why's he giving me an I dont care attitude? A part of me said, “maybe because he don't like you, maybe he just said yes to please his mum.” Another part of me snapped “not at all who knows maybe he's sleepy.” “Oh yes!” I smiled “he must be sleepy definately!.” I relaxed back to my bed recalling Usman charming voice and smiling to myself...

★★★★★

Its already 2:00PM in the afternoon and this is the 100th time am going over my wardrobe but couldn't find a dress to wear. Like don't question, I know I have thousand of clothes to wear in there, but you know I need a different from those availbale am going for a date... yeah a date, with?? You know Usman my heart desire. “ oh whats wrong with you?” I heard mum snapped from the behind I turned to where I heard her voice only to see her standing behind me with maybe 5 inches gab left between us. Like seriously? Since when have she been here?

       “Mum!” I sighed, “since when have you been in here?” I asked quizzically. “About some couple of minutes ago” she said scruitinizing my face. Then she stepped back and sat on my bed and beckoned me over. “So whats wrong with you bringing out all of your clothes? Are you going somewhere?” Mum asked me her gaze not leaving mine. “Uh.. Yeah?” I said feeling guilty.

       “Did Usman called you yestarday?” I swear I don't know the time my mouth shouted “yes.” am lying to my own mother now. I can see a wide grin on her face “really? He really likes you, you know.” She added. Had it been I was fair I know my face would have turned bright red like a tomatoe by now so I tried to put on a wide grin on my face so she wouldn't notice I lied to her.

           “So what did he tell you?” She threw another question at me. I lied again “Uh... Er.. he had admitted it already, he said he likes me, he's sweet” “See! dear” mom exclaimed interrupting me... “And also he said he would like to take me out on a date today by 4pm and its already pass 2 and I don't know what to wear mum.” I said voice dropping considerably. “Ohh common dear” she held my face with both of her hands. “Thats not something to worry, am giving you a makeover you know first impression is all that matters right?” I nodded curiously mom will make such a great makeup artist if she were to give it her time. “Mom I don't know how life will be without you.” She just smiled and dragged me to her room.

       This is the second time am putting on high tensed makeup in my entire life, during Zainab’s wedding and then now! Mum rubbed almost 100 makeup items on my face, we took about an hour and the half before we had the makeup done. I can't wait to see myself. She passed me a mirror, my jaw almost dropped I couldn't believe the ME I was seeing. I looked astonishingly beautiful. “Wow!” I breathed. “Are you for real mom? How can you turn me into a perfect cindrella like this? am soo in love with me right now.” I looked up at her and thanked her which she replied with just a smile “lets get you a dress now.”

      As I saw her making it to her wardrobe my mouth parted to an O shaped, I had so many mental debates at that time.

     Was she.. Was she.. Oh yes! she is.. Its the dress, it really is! the dress I've longed for to wear but mum never once allowed me and she is today.

    Finally she brought it to where I was sitted. Its an elegant strapless silky electric blue fish gown.

     “You like it?” She questioned me. I was overwhelmed with joy I stammered “I.. I.. I love it mum!” She passes me the dress “then go and try it and lets see how it will fit you.” I grasped at it and winced to my room I heard her shouting “make sure you don't pull one of those hair rollers and ruin your hair.” I smiled upon reaching my room and tried it on.