Chapter 23 [Julie & Liam]

Start from the beginning

**********************************************************************************************************

[LIAM]

Julie's an amazing actress, she really is. I don't get why she was so nervous about this when we were all sure that she's gonna do great.

The crew was rushing in making the scene look like a bridal shop in only 10 seconds. This is Scene 3, Julie's 1st scene. She made her way to her position and she looked at me as she did.

"good luck!", I mouthed. She nodded and gave me a smile. I decided to watch her from the side so I can immediately go when it's Scene 4 already.

"Open the curtain," Mittchel said in his walkie-talkie. "NOW!"

And with that, the scene began.

Maria: *holding out scissors* Por favor, Anita. Make the neck lower!

Anita: Stop it, Maria.

Maria:: One inch. How much can one little inch do?

Anita: Too much.

Maria: *exasperated* Anita, it is now to be a dress of dancing, no longer for kneeling in front of an altar.

Anita: With those boys you can start in dancing and end up kneeling.

Maria: Querida, one little inch; uno poca poca-

Anita: Bernardo made me promise-

Maria: Ai! Bernardo! One month have I been in this country-do I ever even touch excitement? I sew all day, I sit all night. For what did my fine brother bring me here?

Anita: To marry Chino.

Maria: When I look at Chino, nothing happens.

Anita: What do you expect to happen?

Maria: I don't know: something. What happens when you look at Bernardo?

.......

The scene went on and Julie really pulled it off. Idina Menzel's probably in awe right now. Alright, Scene 3's over. Now, Scene 4. I'm there again. Here goes.

************************************************************************************************************

[JULIE]

The play's going smoothly and I can't believe it! It's been almost 2 hours and now, we're down to the last scene.

I changed to the dress that Alex chose for me, and got ready. We were all getting ready since we only had 1 minute this time. The crew was changing the setting into the streets of a 1950's New York city.

The Jets and the Sharks were positioning themselves for the last scene. The scene where Tony dies and Maria just loses it. Everything was going well. 45 seconds till the final scene, but then we had a problem.

"Julie," Mitthcel approached. "have you seen Rene?" My eyes widened. We were down to the final scene, everything was going well then Rene just had to go missing.