chapter. ³⁴

J.G

JJ and I found the place where they kept the people, and they were in cells. They were screaming for help, and on each of them; there was something around their necks.

I looked around, and saw a switch. I flipped it, and all of the cells opened; then everyone scurried out of their cells.

They were running out of this place, and when everybody was gone; I heard a sobbing somewhere in the cells. I looked at JJ, and he heard it too.

We went to the sound, and each step it gave me an eerie feeling.

We found the cell and saw a boy who looked only thirteen. I went closer to the boy and JJ grabbed my arm from going closer. I looked at him, confusedly.

I mouthed, "what?" Then he shook his head. I scoffed quietly and pulled my arm from him, then walked to the boy.

I tapped on his shoulder, then my eyes widened when he turned around.

"Gilinsky?" He said, then he looked behind me.

"Johnson?" He spoke again, then he sighed in relief. Why is Hayes in here?!

"Hayes, why are you in here?" I asked, then he shrugged. Hayes had a bruised cheek, and a busted lip.

"I was at friend's house, then he apologized for some reason. I was kidnapped from the front of his h-house." He said almost crying, then I nodded. I patted his shoulder.

"It's okay, Hayes. Now come on, We have to get out of this place before we get caught." I said, then he sniffles. He nodded, and got off of the floor. We were going to go from the door, but Hayes shouted.

"Wait! I need to get someone else." He said, then running to a door. We waited, then he came out with a little blonde girl in his arms.

I was confused, but at least Hayes wanted to save someone. We ran out the door that we came from, and I saw a girl dressed in black.

I told JJ and Hayes to stay where they stood, and I walked to the girl. Once she was close to me, she kicked me across the face.

I fell to the floor, and groaned while holding my face. She smirked at me, then stepped over me. The girl was walking to JJ and Hayes, but I took a hold of her ankle which sent her to the floor like I did.

She looked at me, and started kicking the leg that I held onto, trying to knock me out with her heel. I got up on my knees but she kicked me on the nose, then I fell back to the floor. I had let go of her ankle, and she got up.

I heard a scream in pain, and I thought that it was the small girl but when I opened my eyes; JJ was holding the girl in black down.

He had his knee on her back, pulling her hair, and shoving her face onto the floor. JJ was glaring at the girl, and she was struggling with trying to get up.

Sometimes, you don't expect things like this from JJ.