Ch 27

Namjoon

I woke up after I banged my head against the ceiling to the small room I sleep in. That's funny, I normally don't hit my head like that.

We've been staying at my grandparent's house for a week now, just another three day then we'd be going back home.

"Wake up kiddo. We've got work to do." My grandpa said to me through the door. For the time I've been here, we got closer. It was nice.

"Ok grandpa, I'm coming." I got ready in my everyday attire. Same jeans, shirt, belt, boots, hat, jacket. Don't worry, they're clean. I walked out of my room and started to get to work.

"Joon, you'll need Koya for a job I need help with. Go get him and make sure to bring some rope with ya. Strong too." I nod my head at his request and started to saddle up Koya.

"Wow Koya, you've gotten big haven't you?" He neighed at me and started to get excited. "Come on, we've got work to do." I saddled him up, grabbed the rope needed, and made my way to grandpa.

"Ok Joon, I need you to give me the rope's end and tie the other side to the horse." I gave him one side of it and watched him tie it to a stack of wood. "Throw that end over that pole and then tie it. I have to finish this roof."

"I can't throw that well grandpa. I have kind of a weak arm." I said to him with my head down. He stared up at me. Up? Usually it's I who has to look up at him.

"You've been working for a week plus some. I'm sure you got the arm strength now." He said to me. I nod my head with confidence. I took a deep breath and threw the rope over the pole. I made it.

"Hell yeah!" I said excitedly. "Good job, now go to your horse and make sure the rope is tied up good."

I got on top of Koya and held the rope. "Let's do this Koya. You're strong, we got this." I said to him. He started to walk forward. It took a while but we managed to get the stack of wood to my grandpa up on the roof.

That's how it was until the rest of my brothers woke up and started on their chores. "Ok Taehyung, you got the easiest job I can give you. All you have to do is feed the chickens and grab their eggs." Grandma said.

"I can't, they hate me. Especially Roofus the rooster. He is the evilest in the coop." Taehyung argued. I laughed at my little brother. "Taehyung, I thought footless Fred was the bad one?"

"He only has one foot." He said with fear on his face. "Taehyung, I have had it. You haven't done anything except ride your horse. Jungkook is doing more then you just by gathering useless metal and throwing them away. Just feed them and take their eggs. Now go!" Grandma gave Taehyung the bucket of feed and walked away.

"I don't want to feed them." Taehyung complained as he made his way to the coop. "This I've got to see." Yoongi said next to me, which scared the crap out of me. "When did you get here!?" I asked him. "Saw you hiding behind the barn, came to see what's up, now I'm just watching Taehyung feed chickens." Yoongi answered back.

"So did we." Hoseok said right after. Where the fuck did he come from!? I turn around to see the rest of my brothers around, hiding behind the barn just to watch the show. "Hey, I bet five bucks he'll get pecked by Fred." Yoongi said.

"Yoongi that's just mean, but I'll take that bet." Jimin said with a smile. "I bet he'll break the eggs before he gets out the coop." Jin said. "I bet Roofus is going to attack him." Hoseok said. They all shook hands as Yoongi wrote down the bets just to keep track, I rolled my eyes at them.

I took a peek at Taehyung to see him standing at the gate to the coop. "I got this. Just feed them, grab their eggs, and leave. You can do this, you got this." Taehyung said to himself. This is gonna end badly.

Taehyung

I opened the gate to the coop. Nothing, it was like the chickens were still asleep. Maybe this won't be so bad? "Here chick chick chickens." I said in a whisper. I watched as all the chickens and roosters run out of the coop and into the small open space we have for them to walk around in. They started to chase after me. I screamed.

"Get away from me! Get away! Stop it!" I yelled. I was flinging the bucket around trying to stop them from eating me. I then tripped on my own two feet and landed on my back. It was quiet, oh no. I got on my elbows only to see Fred standing by the coop's opening. Roofus standing right next to him.

"Oh shit." I said as they ran toward me and started to walk all over me. "Get off me! Get off!" I yelled. The other chickens must have thought it was funny because they started to peck me all over. "Ow ow ow! Get off!" They were pecking me on my legs, fingers, and neck. Some bite on my stomach.

3rd POV

"I wonder how long it would take for him to realise to put down the bucket." Yoongi spoke. Everyone nodded their heads.

"Namjoon you've grew taller." Seokjin said. Everyone looked at Namjoon and noticed it too. "Really? I didn't notice." Namjoon spoke. "Damn it! Now I'm shorter!" Jimin yelled. Everyone laughed at what he said.

"Guys, Taehyung seems to have gotten the hang of it." Hoseok said. All seven brothers looked at their brother holding a chick trying to gather some eggs.

"Guys! Look, chicks!" Jonah yelled from inside the coop. "Jonah where the hell did you come from!?" Yoongi yelled.

~~~~~~~
Words: 1021

You have no idea how long I've had this chapter in my drafts. I kept fixing and changing the part with Taehyung and the chickens. So I hope you like this chapter.

😊