telling the team that you're pregnant

This is a follow-up of "pregnant?"
________
He's fiddling with his hands, his feet are never standing still on one spot. He looks up to his mate and back down to the cold gym floor. His thoughts are going from one to the other direction.
It's nervousness that makes the omega all fidgety.

The two mates have already talked with the coach yesterday. He reacted surprisingly calm at the revelation that Hinata is pregnant.
A little Kageyama-Hinata mix inside his belly that barely reached the age of two months yet.
The coach was not angry per se but rather disappointed. He was looking forward to seeing the duo on the Olympics game court.
They worked so hard on their combos and always stayed in the gym much longer than required. The sheer determination and love for volleyball was always written boldy into their eyes.
Their synchronization with each other is incomparable.
It really is a shame to see it all fall into the water.
But the Olympics will begin in four months and no one is insane enough to allow a six-month pregnant player on the court by then.
If the partners don't want to consider an abortion this is the only choice that can follow.

Hinata looks back at Kageyama's relaxed, almost stoic expression. It's as if nothing could ever bother him.
However, he can clearly sense the uneasiness inside him through their bond. His thoughts must be as chaotic as his own.

What will the team say when they find out about the unplanned pregnancy?
Will they be disgusted, disappointed or rather excited?
I don't want them to think anything bad about Shouyou. This has simply happened and they need to accept it.

The omega grabs his bigger hand in his, offering them both a little comfort.

Their team members have started gathering around in a circle.
They expect some of the regular strategy planning from the captain or coach. But as every player has found together the confident sounding words coming out from the coaches mouth are unexpected.
"Yesterday I have come to know something that will greatly change the team's dynamic. It's sudden but I am sure that we will be able to adapt to this change: Hinata won't be playing with us anymore. He will go into maternity leave".

Big eyes all quickly run towards the duo in absolute shock.
Hinata swallows hardly and takes a stronger hold on his mate's hand.
He didn't expect the coach to get the news over so quickly.
There was no rambling or any long explanation. Straight to the point.

"YOU'RE PREGNANT, SHOUYOU?" a loud voice shouts. It's their omega libero. A guy who's about the same height as Hinata and who has short blond-beige hair.
"I am, yes" Hinata mumbles, unusually shy. His gaze flees back to the floor.

The other team members are still trying to digest the unexpected news. But their libero continues "since when?".
"Two months but we just found out recently" Kageyama answers truthfully.

"Shouyou but doesn't that mean you can't come to the Olympics with us?" he complains.
The hard truth is thrown at him once again with full force.
It hurts so much to know that he's disappointing everyone, especially himself.
"I know and it wasn't even planned. I just- it just happened and uhm I" he's stumbling over his own words. Usually he doesn't mind having all eyes stare at him. He's used to it. The years of playing volleyball in official matches have made his jump a popular trait that people look after. Everyone knows him as the boy with wings.
But that doesn't matter anymore. His teammates aren't staring at him in awe. They are not impressed but shocked.

The other guys start moving out of their frozen state.
"I'm very sorry" Hinata says before another one has the possibility to raise his voice.
He lets go of his mate's hand and bows lowly to showcase his proper apologies.
For messing up all of the team strategy planning that had him always included.
For messing up each of their trust.
For messing up his own hopes and wishes for life.

He can't stop the tears that start accumulating themselves in his eyes.
Kageyama blinks at him surprised. He didn't expect him to bow.

"It's okay Hinata, isn't it? Uhm but should I say congratulations?" The beta spiker smiles a little.
The omega straightens his back again. His eyes look like the ones from a young deer: innocent but sad with tears trickling down the reddened cheeks. He quickly tries to wipe the evidences away with his finger and breathes out to calm himself down a little.
"Uh, I mean I don't know" he states. He feels his hormones kicking in on him. He's acting unusually out of character.
The beta sees this as an invitation to step closer and say in an honest tone "Congratulations, you two. I'm sure your offspring will have an unfair amount of talent for volleyball". The joke brings Hinata a bit out of his closed up corner. He lets out a small laugh.
"I hope so!"
Most of the other guys also show a visible reaction and seem amused at the imagination of future Kageyama-Hinata mix as a volleyball prodigy.
Both of them are truly obsessed at volleyball so this love can only be doubled through genes, right?

"Kageyama-kun will continue playing with us, right?" a middle blocker alpha asks hesitantly.
"Yes, he will" the coach answers shortly.
"But Hinata-kun will not join you in practices anymore. However he told me that he'd like to continue watching on the sidelines"
Hinata nodded in agreement.
"At least as long as I can" - "Do you already feel anything?" someone asks sounding very curious.
Hinata blinks surprised.
"Ahh, no I mean you can't even see anything yet". He averts his gaze in embarrassment. It's still feels weird to get asked questions like these about his pregnancy. It's like he hasn't fully realized for himself yet that there's a living thing growing up in his stomach that's going to stand on his own two feet one day.
"Can we see?" is the next question.
He blushes and shows his shirt halfway up.
His belly doesn't seem any different to the untrained eye but there's a small elevation that never went unnoticed by the mated alpha.
Not a second afterwards he can hear a low growl coming from beside him. Kageyama doesn't look pleased at all. A mix of anger and jealousy rushes through the bond.
He wouldn't be able to explain in his own words why he wants to keep this image to himself but he doesn't question his emotional reaction and just wants Hinata to keep his belly safely hidden under his shirt.

The omega complies quickly enough but also gives his mate a confused glance.

The mumbling of the small crowd becomes quiet again.
"Do you already know the gender?"
Hinata shakes his head as a response. "But I have the next doctor's appointment in a month and then we'll know".
"Will you continue playing volleyball after the birth?"
"I don't know. I mean volleyball is my life and will always be my life. It's what fills my life with happiness. But I also know that I will have the responsibility of bringing up a child. It's my fault it ended up like this"- a whine leaves his quivering mouth again.
"- so the least I can do is to make sure it's going to be safely brought up. But I hope I'm going to be able to play again one day. And if I can't win the Olympics then hopefully I can at least watch you guys do it."
A small uproar of confident "of course we will" and "we won't disappoint you" exclaims come from the crowd.
He's smiling again but also has to wipe away another tear that tries to flee from his eye.

Kageyama looks at him proudly.
His mate is really strong.

_____________
fun fact:
I just wrote the part about the "actually the olympics are right around the corner so this unplanned pregnancy is pretty bad" just for the spice xD do you say spice? But like drama and stuff
But now I really hate it cuz I'm making Hinata suffer so much. So this is probably gonna be the last oneshot of this kind.
In the other oneshots with kids he has won the olympics with Kags:P