family reunion

"Are we there yet?, Are we there yet?"
a little girl asks impatiently while bouncing up and down on her car seat.
The man besides shushes her, saying "two minutes sweetheart, okay?"
He gives her a small pat on the head and follows her gaze back outside the window.
There's also a second girl in the car. A dark haired girl with blue eyes.
She looks very different to her twin sister who has blond hair and brown eyes.
The fraternal twins are the daughters of the well known "freak duo" volleyball couple.
Even though the omega had to stop playing as he got pregnant but mate is still playing as successfully as always.

The girls have reached the age of four years. It isn't always easy and having kids can surely be very stressful but it's definitely worth it.
The mates love their kids a whole lot and that's also why Shouyou, the omega is yet again pregnant.
It should be the last on to come and it's a boy.

But the family has been separated for the last three months.
His mate, Tobio is one of the most valuable members on the national volleyball team.
That's why he had been given the offer of practicing in America to improve his skills with a different, foreign trainer, who is known for his excellence in teaching new techniques.

The two had discussed for quite a while whether the alpha should take this opportunity or pass it.
The timing seemed bad, but a few months later could have been even worse.
The day he left, Shouyou was two months pregnant. His belly was barely obvious but he already showed many signs of a pregnant omega, being a lot more sensible and emotional than normal.
He also wanted to be closer to his mate and dreaded the days when he was busy from morning to late night.
Tobio hadn't been as crazily protective of his omega as he had been during their first pregnancy but he obviously still felt the deep urge to also stay close to him and protect him at all costs.
So leaving him alone wasn't an easy choice to make.

They had discussed all the pros and cons, talking with friends and the trainer. But at the end, they decided on saying yes to the trip.
Tobio is thirty years old around that time. For some athletic professionals that may be the ending time of their careers.
However, Tobio is still going strong and only seems to improve instead of going weaker over time.
He surely wants to continue for a few more years before changing it up.
Afterwards he thinks of becoming a volleyball trainer.
But he's still an important member of the national volleyball team and that makes him very proud.
As long as he's happy, Shouyou will support him.

Staying alone with two four-year olds and being pregnant on top of that is exhausting. That's why a nanny came over and friends helped as much as possible.
The hardest part for Shouyou essentially was falling asleep on a bed with an empty second side. He had craved his mate and husband so deeply on some nights. The omega just wanted to snuggle closer to the taller one and be loved.
The kids were the only constant comfort for him besides him.
His family, especially his sister Natsu was mostly busy over that time. His mother had come over a few times. Tobio's parents took less often the initiative to visit them. At the end the distance between their hometown Miyagi and Tokyo is still quite big.

The taxi arrives at the airport and the three leave the car.
Shouyou hands over the money to the taxi driver with a small smile.

Katsumi, the black haired girl has her arms wrapped around his leg and looks a bit unsure of what to do.
She resembles her father, Tobio.
The omega girl rarely trusts any strangers and prefers to stay by herself or only with people close around her.
But she is still very clingy and rarely lets go of Shouyou's hand.
She also gets easily afraid and doesn't like unknown situations. Sometimes Shouyou imagines his husband acting the same when he was younger.

Aiko, the blonde beta girl is still jumping around with an excited grin on her face. She got the hair color from Tobio's omega mother. Soft blonde with wavy curls. A fact that is much to her pleasing.
She rather resembles her omega male mother in terms of personality, always active and happy. There aren't many things that can bring her down.