A good omega?

I really love a/b/o verse and exploring how this different society might work. 👍So it's going to be a bit about gender roles this time. I don't feel like what I wrote is particularly offensive? Idk if you sense that this might not be your cup of tee then...
_____

Hinata and Kageyama had been together for about two months now.
They were slowly but surely getting used to being close to each other, already having kissed a bunch of times and even having gotten into the more sexual realm once.
However the alpha was still being very shy when it came to expressing his thoughts and feelings. It was embarrassing he explained with a red face.

The omega at least managed to squeeze a response out of him to his "I like you", the day he confessed his love. With many failed attempts though and a bad stutter.
But Hinata was obviously not angry at him. He was well aware of the fact that he had always struggled with finding friends or just being social as a whole.

Also, it was nice to have an alpha that wasn't overbearing him in domination, forcing him to anything that he might not want or even brainwashing him with sweet nothings.
No, his alpha was Kageyama: a weird, (and a bit dumb), volleyball-addicted dork.

He liked it this way.
He appreciated Kageyama's attempts of expressing his love and affection for his favorite carrot head, through soft careful touches and small gestures, like offering him a piece of his meat bun (even though Hinata's "small bite" was huge).

He loved him for sharing his passion for volleyball, wanting him to always improve and get better, even if that meant insulting and mocking him. Still, Hinata (who did the same) knew  he cared about him and that this was just his way of making him work harder.
Kageyama was overall an amazing person in Hinata's eyes, not only because of his natural talent in volleyball, no.
M

ainly because they were weirdly similar to each other. They would say the same phrase out loud, come up with the same ideas or also act and feel the same. Still, on the other side they were also totally different to each other. Just like Hinata was known to be a very social and outgoing person whereas Kageyama was more introverted.
They perfectly complemented each other and were more than a good fit.

So now that this had been said, Hinata was very very content with his relationship.
Still sometimes he wondered and asked himself some questions.
Just like a teen would do, he tried to see into Kageyama's brain and read his thoughts. In a metaphorical way of course.

One question he had in mind, came up while he was reading through one of the threads on an Internet forum for omegas. It was about whether alphas prefer more "male" or more "female" acting male omegas. It was a difficult question to answer, maybe the question itself could have been labeled stupid or unnecessary. The potential answer must be a generalization of some sort.
Still Hinata's attention was awakened, being a male omega himself.
He never really had given the topic much thought before. Society allowed him to do all kinds of stereotypical female behavior without being judged. He could wear skirts and makeup, talk in a higher voice on purpose and draw a bunch of hearts on his school work and so on. The list was endless.
It was mostly the same for female alphas. You could also sometimes find them showcasing their dominance, getting into fights and trying to intimate each other.

Still that didn't mean he felt like acting this way.
Sure, sometimes he used his charm to get what he wanted, flashing a smile and tilting his head.
Also, he was very expressive of his emotions and never feared about going to someone to share his problems or doing the opposite and helping someone.

But that was mostly it. Either it was because he was too bothered with playing volleyball or it was because his primary gender was still male.

So now that he was reading posts about alphas that wished their mates would act more girly instead of acting wild and not caring about a whole lot.

Omegas also stated that they were able to make their mates fall in love all over again, just by pushing back their temper, watching their language and improving their manners.

And Hinata questioned "Did it really matter that much?" but most importantly "Did Kageyama care?"

It was no secret that Hinata was more of the wild type. Hell, he never shied away once from telling Kageyama off by throwing insults at him and getting into as many unnecessary competitions with him as possible.
So now that he realized that his behavior was rather boyish, he wondered if Kageyama would love him more if he would stop acting this way.

It seemed so stupid but something, something little in the very back of his mind still made him worry that this might be the case.

Kageyama never really brought up the whole second gender story. He didn't seem much interested in it. But Hinata thought. He has to have an opinion on it.
An opinion on what he thinks about Hinata being a male omega.

So the omega did what he had to do. He had to ask him.
That weekend, Hinata self-invited himself into Kageyama's house. He almost had forgotten about the incident, the forum offered quite a few posts that grabbed his attention. So he always had something else on his mind.

Still when they were both sprawled out on his bed, reading the newest Volleyball-Monthly magazine, he read an article about an only-omega volleyball team and how they were showcasing their strengths, looking at the camera with a cold expression.
For a few moments he hesitated, not knowing how to get the conversation going. He let out a huff before giving his arm a poke with his finger.
Kageyama didn't even realize his attempt of attention-grabbing before it became a hit at his shoulder.
"Hey! dumbass. You want to pick a fight?".

Hinata backed off for a second.

"Dammit why I am I getting nervous?" "Ah.. Umm well, Kageyama I wanted to ask you a question." The alpha gave him all his focus at that, wondering what there might be so embarrassing to say.
"Soo..."
"Umm... Would you like if I acted more girly?" His voice became very fast at the end, making it almost impossible to understand him but the other boy still got it.
He seemed to freeze up, his face changing into an unreadable expression, confusion and then a scowl.

"Wha- What?" did he respond. Why would he ask him this?
Since when did his friend and lover care about what other people thought of him, especially himself?
They have never tried to change their behaviors just merely to please the other one.
Did it seem like he didn't appreciate him enough? Was it Kageyama himself who had failed once again and made people upset just because of his awkwardness?
Dammit.
The scowl was sitting still tightly on his face, making Hinata more nervous.

"I mean, just because.. maybe because you're an alpha. I mean I'm sure it's not the same for everyone but just theoretically, like if I would for no particular reason start acting more girly. Would that... Would you like that?"

The taller boy hesitated. His mind still trying to comprehend the meaning behind this question.
But then it came out of like a reflex "Dumbass!"

"Why would you ask that. I like you the way you are. Shu- Shut up!". A slightly offended huff was to be heard by him.
"You mean it?"
Hinata had calmed down quickly and grinned triumphantly.

"We wouldn't be together if I didn't like the was you acted. Would we?" - "Dumbass!"
Hinata toppled him onto the bed (poor magazine) and gave him a big hug.

The answer had been so obvious and maybe Hinata wasn't even surprised at all. Just this little voice in his mind made him think otherwise. Funnily, Kageyama was the one to take such thoughts seriously, always struggling with his self-esteem and easily believing that nobody would like him.
But once or twice there was a time where the omega wondered, but just like that, did he knew that at the end there was always a happy ending to the story.
And as long as they had each other, everything would be fine.