Hinata's first heat with Kageyama

Second year + not mated yet
Smuuuut ahh
—————
Tobio is annoyed. He hasn't seen Shouyou all day long in school.

They normally meet at the school gate in the early morning which also marks the starting point for their daily speed race.
But today Tobio waited and waited.
He was worried that Shouyou may had an accident while cycling and fell into a ditch. But he has his phone with him so he should have been able to call him for help. Also, the dumbass was very tired yesterday. He barely managed to pull off a moderate spike. His movements were slacking.
Maybe he overslept?
The alpha was content with this conclusion and went to the clubroom by himself.
He planned on scolding his friend for not having a proper sleeping schedule but he thought that it's still better to let him skip a day than make him pass out of exhaustion.

Still, as the hours passed: No Shouyou.

By then, Tobio was pretty annoyed. Shouyou didn't come to their meet-up place at lunch. He also didn't show up for after-school practice. Teammates avoided him since he seemed more and more on edge.
He had sent the omega a message but didn't get a reply.

So now, he is begrudgingly on his way back home. He plans on calling Suga to ask for the number of the Hinata household. If Shoyou doesn't respond, maybe at least his mother does.
Shouyou has already been sick a few times in the past. His immune system isn't the strongest.

He doesn't even comprehend since when the little dumbass became so important for him. A year ago he wouldn't have cared a whole lot for him. It wasn't his business whether he went to school or not.
(At least that's what he tells himself)

But now, they are not only best friends and teammates but also dating. He wants to make sure his partner is safe and sound at all times.

He takes out the keys from his bag and opens the door.
Weirdly enough, his body feels a bit weak as he enters. He can't exactly pinpoint why. There is an odd scent in the air but it's not like he recognizes what it's from. It's probably just a random pheromone thing.
Kageyama isn't the best one in the recognizing smell department, so to say.
But he doesn't need that for volleyball, so he never worries too much.

His parents aren't at home as usual.
So he simply walks up the stairs towards his room.

The scent gets stronger.

On his bed is a big pile of clothing, cushions and blankets. He definitely doesn't remember putting them there. He huffs angrily.
Did his omega mother sort out his wardrobe? He tries to keep it tidy and clean so that really is not fair!

But suddenly, he sees a movement from the pile. There is something under it? He imagines hearing a tiny whine. That sound, Shouyou?
"Shouyou?" he pulls off his bag and crouches down besides his bed.
He heaves a bunch off stuff into the air and away just to see a smushed up face. Brown glistening eyes open softly, red heated cheeks and sweaty hair.
Suddenly it makes click in Tobio's head. This pile of clothing is a nest! Omega's nest while in heat to calm down their nerves and feel comfortable.

Hinata is in heat? And he's right there?
What?

He swallows nervously. He has never seen his boyfriend in heat before but now it all makes sense.
What should I do?

Shouyou lets out another whimper as the alpha stares at him with an unreadable, strong expression.

Shouyou's inner instinct forces him to submit and his muscles fall into a totally relaxed state.
His mind is cloudy and thinking coherent thoughts is hard for him. He is in the middle of his heat. It began yesterday, he was weaker and more easily exhausted. But he hasn't had many heats until now so he wasn't entirely sure if these were preheat-symptoms.
Younger omegas also don't have a regular circle yet which means that a heat could come at any time.
The second day is always the worst. You are complete engulfed in the hormonal state. The third day is a lot more manageable and usually it's also the last one. Most omegas and alphas have a three days cycle every three months. Some have them shorter, some longer.