make up

[Second part of break up and...?]
———————
Kageyama doesn't remember ever having felt any worse than in this moment.
What was supposed to be a regular day of volleyball tournament in his second year of Highschool turned into an awful nightmare.

Hinata broke up with me
It hurts so much

He doesn't even want to believe it. It doesn't make any sense.
Two days ago everything had been fine. They bickered during practice, stole vegetables from each other's bentos during lunch break and shared a warm goodnight kiss before they separated to go home.

Suga even received a desperate call from him which in turn also got him worried about his two juniors. But he reassured him too, saying that Kageyama only has to clear all misunderstandings with Hinata. In truth, there's no real conflict between them. They are just both hotheaded dumbasses that easily mess things up and unintentionally create chaos.
(That's not what he said word to word but that's what he probably meant)

In the end, even Yamaguchi got involved. He was more than embarrassed to admit that he may have made Hinata even more unsettled and it is partly his fault the situation escalated the way it did.
But Kageyama does not waste any time on blaming anyone.
The only important thing in his mind is to clear things up between him and Hinata.

The conversations managed to somewhat calm the alpha down. Still, he remembers Hinata's cold words like daylight.
The way he spoke with anger and dismissal. It was like the person in front of him was a stranger. But it wasn't a stranger, it was Hinata.
The person he considers most important in his life. His partner, best friend and lover.
I can't lose him
His teeth grind together; one of his nervous ticks.

He hides his head back in his blanket but the loud peeping of his alarm clock won't let him wail in his misery any longer.

It's Monday and time for school.
He has to get up and face the day.
There's no use in hiding away.
He swallows hardly and gets up. He has barely slept for three hours. The worries had plagued him all night long.

______

Kageyama is not even looking forward to playing volleyball. All that's on his mind is to search Hinata.
But he isn't lucky.
It seems like the omega skipped morning practice. The gym is unusually silent and he can swear he feels his heart loudly bumping in his chest.
The other ones like Tanaka and Noya saw what had happened yesterday. They don't make any jokes and funny comments that morning.

He is practicing with a first year alpha boy. But for a second when he was distracted by Yachi, Kageyama's set falls to the ground.
No one was there to hit it.

Flashbacks of middle school come up vividly in his head. He has almost managed to overcome this time of his life but as it seems the pain can boil up again in an instant.

Hinata is not with him.
Does he really want to be back together with me?
These thoughts are ridiculous but he can't shake them off totally.

Hinata's complaining always lands on his inability to express his own emotions. He rarely talks about his feelings.
But the omega always wants to know what's going on in his head and try to understand him better.

___
It's pure torture to sit in school for these many hours.
He can't concentrate at all and his mind keeps on coming back to the small redhead.

If only this morning could have been just like last Monday.
When they walked to school hand in hand and also competed who can reach the clubroom first, successfully practiced their quick while always sneaking in little kisses.

He lets out a weird whining noise and tries to quickly hide it by covering his face with his hands.
Some of his classmates curiously look at him.

He'll have to go to Hinata's class as soon as the lunch bell rings.

____
"Shouyou" he mouths to himself as he sees the redhead.
His head is turned to Yamaguchi. They are in the classroom, talking.
Is he already clearing things up?

"YOU STUPID DUMBASS" Hinata suddenly yells out loud as their eyes meet.
He gets up as quickly as possible and rushes towards his partner.
His fists hit Kageyama on the chest.
"You wanted to make me proud by befriending some random girls? What the fuck Tobio!"

The alpha feels overrun.
He takes in the features of his partner in front of him.
His face is furrowed and upset.

"I thought that it'll make you happy" he mutters after a moment to the ground, embarrassed.
"But why did you lie about our relationship?". He is mad.

"I didn't?" Kageyama just answers.
"Yes you did! I heard it loud and clearly. That was your answer to their question." Hinata argues.

The other boy blinks.
"But I didn't listen to their questions. I just answered something"

"Just answered something?" Hinata stops in his movements and tightens his brows for a moment before relaxing his expression and letting out a tiny laugh.
"Oh god, Tobio you're so awkward"
He decides to finally tug his arms around him and the alpha lets out a relieved sigh.
"You're really stupid sometimes" Hinata mumbles into his neck. A huff leaves his mouth.
"You're way more stupid than I am" Kageyama responds, without meaning any real harm.

"Well, what do you want me to think when I see you happily smiling and giving out your number to some horny girls"

"I smiled?"

"Yes you did!"

Kageyama remembers.
"I uhm was thinking about you" he explains hesitantly with a stutter.
"Thinking about me?" he repeats mumbled.
Hinata tightens his grip around his tall boyfriend and nuzzles his face into his clothing.

They stay like this for a good moment. Yamaguchi is smiling and glad they already managed to make up.
The odd duo always finds back together.

__
The two are in the changing room after evening practice.
The others already left but they stayed longer to practice their quick again.
They haven't really talked about the events of the past day again but Hinata has gotten a little more silent over the evening.

"I'm sorry"

Hinata makes a sad face while facing his boyfriend.
He feels bad now about making everyone worry and letting a stupid misunderstanding escalate.
He saw how everyone was concerned and asked questions when the two entered the gym together this afternoon.
Kageyama had made the saddest face yesterday. He had blindly followed his anger and disappointment. He should have used his rational part of the mind. But he didn't, and therefore hurt the person he loves.

Hinata mumbles.
"I feel really guilty about everything that has happened".
Kageyama furrows his brows for a second. He has also been a bit more silent than usual this evening. It's hard to evade your own thoughts.
"Well, it was a stupid misunderstanding and I also could have handled the situation in a better way." He seems to think about his phrasing for a moment before mumbling "I just - would have never thought you would believe that I'd cheat on you".
His gaze turns to the ground. He should talk about his feelings, that's what he needs to do.
"Because Shouyou, I would never do something like this"
Silence overcomes the room before Hinata says in a louder and more desperate voice "I don't know - I also didn't want to believe it at first. But all these apparent evidences seemed to point towards it and I -dammit I jumped to conclusions, ok it was really stupid"
He fiddles nervously with the hem of his shirt. He looks embarrassed.

Strong arms suddenly embrace him.
"But everything is good now, right?" Kageyama asks hopefully.
"Yes" Hinata hums and returns the embrace tightly. A little whine leaves his mouth, he's more than glad that they managed to make up now.

All their emotions flood into the body contact.

They want to show the other one:

I'm here
I'll always stay be by your side

The embrace loosens and their eyes find each other.
Hinata smiles, relieved and Kageyama moves to kiss him softly on the lips.