Party night

A loud ever repeating ringing noise over-toned the peaceful silence of a small Tokyo apartment.
Someone must be in front of the building, demanding to get inside.
The only person that was inside the apartment in the moment was an alpha. He groggily stood up from his bed, not quite being ready to form any coherent thoughts yet. It was deep into the night and he wondered if someone was playing a very unfunny prank on him as he stumbled across the hall towards the speaker for the building entrance.
"What?" he practically growled, letting out his anger of being potentially harassed by some stranger.

Just then did he realize that his mate, his sweet omega was out partying that night. But on second thought he also remembered he wanted to call him as soon as he should be picked up or no actually, he told him that he would take a Taxi with Tanaka and Noya.
The two friends from high school were staying in the area for a few days and they couldn't possibly let out a chance of meeting once again (which for them was having fun in the club).
They would be staying elsewhere so there was no need of them essentially sticking together but Kageyama had expected them to arrange the leave together anyway. Still, he had dutifully planted his phone on his nightstand. So he would wake up immediately if there he was anything for him to do.

He had already picked up Hinata from the club a few times even though he never goes alone. The alpha didn't understand the whole concept of wanting to go out partying. All his inner senses were screaming No only by him standing in front of such building with the music loud and drunk people everywhere.
It was the last thing he would consider doing for a nice evening. That's why Hinata would never drag him along.
Sure, earlier in their relationship he did try to ask him or make him even just give it a try. However, it was a hopeless case so he quickly let it go.

So now Kageyama was looking quite dumbfounded as the voice of already mentioned omega appeared through the speaker phone.
"Tobiooo, open please" he merely slurred.
"Shouyou?" Kageyama questioned, sounding surprised and also confused by his appearance.
He had taken a key with him, hadn't he? So why was he not entering the building?

"Opeeen" the omega only repeated. And the alpha did as he was told. There was no way he would confuse this voice with anybody else's. He had already heard it so many, many times over all these years.
As an example, if there were in the gymnasium, practicing volleyball and Hinata would be all across on the other side saying something stupid. Kageyama would hear it. (and turn around and call him stupid) His mind was set on Hinata-mode. (And it was the same way around too)

Kageyama mumbled "yeah yeah", trying to reassure him as he pressed the button that made the entrance door open. Hinata sounded quite odd, so he must have drunk quite a lot that night.
He heard the door make a bzz sound and the connection was cut.
He opened the apartment door to check the staircase.
The building must have had at least fifteen floors and they were on the seventh so Kageyama wondered why he didn't see the elevator go down. Surely, they almost always took the stairs instead of the elevator. They were professional athletes so that came without any questioning. But why was this dumbass insisting on going up the stairs even when he was clearly drunk?

Grudgingly, he pulled the key from the door, pulled the door closed and made his way down the stairs in hope to catch his stupid omega before he might stumble and hurt himself (or do something else very stupid).
He was at least content about the fact that the omega didn't decide to be obscurely loud that time and start singing or screaming his name. Then he'd wake up the whole building and that couldn't end too well.

Soon enough he caught a glimpse of a familiar carrot head who seemed to struggle going up. Both hands were on the handrail trying to support his weight and his balance. He seemed very badly off. He was tumbling and almost slipped but Kageyama had just reached him that moment and grabbed his arm.