trip to rio with four kids

Many years have passed and Shouyou and Tobio's brood of four are no longer the small kids they used to be.

Their fraternal twin girls, Aiko and Katsumi are already adults and have moved out of the family house. They are both close to finishing university and starting to work.
Their third child, Miko. A boy who makes everyone's heart melt with his warm and loving spirit just finished highschool.
And the last one, another boy with the name Leo, an alpha, is fourteen and got all the enthusiasm for volleyball from his parents. He is in his first year of Highschool.

Shouyou and Tobio have reached fifty years in age but are still not planning on retreating back from their turbulent and adventurous life.
As their family tradition demands it - every two years they spend their two weeks of New Years vacation in Brazil (the other year is spent with grandparents at home)
Shouyou has never let go of his love for the country, after having spend two years living there to improve in volleyball. The culture, the people, the city & landscape. It's all so beautiful to him.
It's like his second home and he wants to share this love with his family.

They have to rent a big apartment for the occasion.
The days where they could stay at Hinata's friends house, Nice and Heiter are long gone.
Many years ago, with only their two little twin girls, it wasn't too much of a inconvenience. But now, their pack of four is a handful and everyone demands their own space.

But it's fine, as they are well off, with Kageyama and Hinata both having been successful volleyball player until the very end of their careers. Kageyama is doing some high-level coaching these days and Hinata does work as a volleyball journalist in the business since he's basically a know-it-all and remains a well-known figure with his mate in the sports media.
Sometimes they get to moderate volleyball games together and everyone loves it as their duo dynamic is still as powerful as thirty years ago.
They can tease each other, make jokes and rile the other one up just with the prospect of a challenge. Also the two know many players by heart and can easily comment on a team's strategy.

(...)

It's point seven o'clock and the alarm clock sitting on a single high shelf over their heads starts happily ringing a loud tune.
Both men are suddenly shaken awake and reach their arms upwards to stop the loud noise.
Hinata is faster by a second and successfully hits it shut.

The light falling through the half-closed curtains highlights the alpha's silhouette besides him.
The alpha lets out a yawn, his shoulders low and back bent in a sign of fatigue. His eyes are half-closed and his hair a little messy. He's rubbing at his eyes.
Shouyou marvels at his mate for just a moment before smiling mischievously.
"I was faster. It's my win!" he giggles into his neck after pushing him back down into the soft bedding.
"What are you talking about? Stupid. The clock stood much closer to your side" Tobio retorts in a grumpy voice.
"Liesss" Shouyou hums back with an over-exaggerated eye roll. "Eleventhousand and fortyfive wins for me. You better hurry up Slow-Yama".

The alpha makes a displeased grunt.
"Why do we even have to wake up this early?" The taller one complains, in more of a rhetorical question and stems himself up with his underarms.
Shouyou answers anyway, with steel hard confidence.
"I told you, We have to get up early so the heat isn't as strong and there aren't as many other tourists around".
"Well, have fun waking up the kids" Tobio answers sarcastically and pushes his face back into a pillow to his side.

Their airplane landed yesterday morning local time which meant evening time for Tokyo.
To quickly get used to the time difference, Shouyou made everyone stay awake for much of the day. It was as if they pulled an all-nighter with their usual sleeping rhythm still in place.
Therefore exhaustion overtook them completely as they finally got to hit the bed.
Instead of feeling rebalanced after a night of sleep, Tobio feels moody and tired now.
Shouyou however is very much awake as he feels excitement run through his veins at the thought of all the plans he made for him and his family today.
Today will be a great day, he can feel it.