trip to rio with four kids 2

It was already evening in Rio de Janeiro.
The family has spent the whole day out and about, going to the beach, eating some delicious snacks and going shopping.

Now the sun is beginning to slowly pass behind the horizon and Shouyou smiles as he stares out of the big window, leading to the small balcony.
He's utterly content. You couldn't make someone much happier than this.

He has two of his kids around him, well more like adult kids by now but Shouyou can't accept the fact yet that the tiny babies he once played peekaboo with are now all grown up.
Miko and Leo are helping him unpack the few groceries they bought from a local store just now.

They will spent two more weeks minus a day here. Eating out everyday would be a bit too much, so every person in the family had to decide which meal they wanted to prepare and then get the ingredients for it.

Miko said he will do a Risotto. Aiko chose Spaghetti Bolognese (probably for simplicity's sake) Leo went for fries and burger (even though he's really sporty, his taste isn't aimed at the healthiest food. Shouyou and Tobio weren't any different in their youth)
Katsumi chose feta-spinach muffins. (She got inspired by those from the cafe) Shouyou went for his favorite Tamago Kake Gohan. And finally Tobio, - he wants to make curry. A classic and his absolute favorite.

So in total six different meals. Leo said he will do his meal today.
Even if they probably could have gotten a burger from around the corner ready in five minutes. It's nice to see he's excited to cook for his family. Miko will help him too, as he likes cooking the most, rivaling his parents in expertise by now.

Shouyou doesn't know how they are planning to do make french fries. Whether they want to get them into the oven or use up most of their newly bought oil to fry them.
Either way, he has enough trust in them to not have to constantly observe them. After all, Leo is fourteen and Miko is nineteen.

It makes him both feel immensely proud and also very sad and nostalgic that they are so mature and grown up already, remembering the old days when they were still so little they easily fit into Shouyou's arms.

He finishes unpacking and looks over to the living room in which both Aiko and Katsumi, the fraternal twin girls are laying on the couch checking social media on their phones.

"Tobio?" he shouts into the apartment, searching for his mate.
"Bedroom" he receives as an answer.

He looks for him and sure there he is. Loomed over his luggage, folding both their clothing neatly so it can be put into the wardrobe.

"Come outside, the balcony has the perfect view to see the sun going down" Shouyou explains and reaches his hand towards Tobio.

The alpha stares at it for a short moment, thinking whether he should finish this first or take up Shouyou's offer. Looking up at his mate's warm smile his decision is determined quickly and he takes his hand in his, stands up and let's himself be dragged to the balcony.

And his mate wasn't lying when he said that the balcony has the perfect view. Over a few other housetops they can see the beach and the large glowing sun setting down. The sky is colored in a wonderful reddish-orange tone. Birds are chirping their melodies, the people on the streets engaged in conversations, the melody of the portuguese language in their ears.

Shouyou steps closer to his mate's side and lays his head on his arm, too short to reach his shoulder. He encircles one arm around his waist and let's out a sigh. "Beautiful mhm?" he says, his voice filled with fondness.
"It's never like this in Tokyo" Tobio answers, admiring the sunset and also wraps one arm around his mate, softly caressing his side.
"Tomorrow, we should take a walk along the shore during this time."
The alpha agrees with a hum.