Cuddling

Summary: Kagehina likes to cuddle
-------
The room is almost totally dark as he enters. Only the window at the end of the room spares a little light from the occurring sunset.
On the right sight side there is a bed, on top of it a boy with bright orange hair, red headphones on his ears. He lays calmly laid out on his back, his breath even but he isn't sleeping yet.

On the left side of the room there is another bed, but it is rarely used for sleeping. Much rather, it is used like a cupboard.
A bag, two volleyballs, some notes and books are scattered on it. The pillow on it has only been used as a backrest for much of it's life.

This is Kageyama's and Hinata's small dorm room.
Luckily, they have managed to enter the same university and also get to share a room together thanks to their status as a mated pair.
It has felt like moving in together, which it essentially was at the end.
However, that still doesn't mean that they see each other all day long.
Sadly, that isn't really the case.

They have different courses, at different times, in different places. Hinata goes out to meet his new friends, acquaintances, has study dates and goes partying.
Kageyama goes for long evening jogs to clear his mind, run errands and sometimes even meets with different friends.
There are days in which they don't see each other for the whole day.

But they still always find some time to spend together.
Obviously, they are on the same volleyball team. They have both gotten a sports scholarship. It makes sense, their scholastic achievements, so to say, aren't the best on either part. But they are really good volleyball players, especially as a duo. So many universities would have happily accepted them to give their own volleyball team a power-up and be able to showcase it's strength. Thereby improving it's image and the school's reputation.

Anyway,
Between learning together for the two or three same courses they have, they also run their morning jog together, go out for dinner and explore Tokyo on a date night (even though they are too embarrassed to call it that)
The thing about their sleeping arrangement though is that it implied only one bed.
That probably doesn't seem too off, considering they are a mated couple, sharing body heat since many years.
But the thing is, both of the beds in their room are rather small. Long in length, yes. But pretty short in width.

Still, not after a week of moving in, Hinata got annoyed, lonely or basically felt any other type of unpleasant emotion.
He jealously looked to the other side of the room were he could see his mate peacefully sleeping. He was so far away, yet so close.
And that made him move. In two quick strides he had gotten himself on top of the bed. It was a tight fit though, but Kageyama barely complained as he woke up in the morning with a red mop of fuzzy hair at his side.
From then on the two rarely slept separate anymore.

Still, it is a tight fit, so body contact is a constant while sleeping. However, neither of the boys really seem to mind that fact. They much rather enjoy it.
And that's how they became cuddling and snuggling pros. Falling asleep in each other arms became a habit that they don't want to miss out on. The bed is a place of comfort and happiness.
If they have to study, they sit on Hinata's bed. It offers enough space for the two to sit on while sharing notes.
But Kageyama's bed is the sleeping bed.
And as soon as they fall onto it, their bodies calm down and they rest well. Content to know that the other ond is there or will be there soon.

but let's continue the story from the beginning.

The alpha has just gotten back from his evening jog. Sometimes his mate joins him, but today he had met up with a close friend in a restaurant with the goal to stuff their mouths full. (His appetite was still as big as four years ago)
After having taken a shower and changed into his sleeping clothing (basically boxers and a shirt) he approaches their bed in which the small boy is close to sleeping, or is he?