A visit from Kenma

"Shouyou! I'm back" the tall alpha shouts into the small apartment, expecting his favorite carrot head to quickly perk up from one of the rooms and greet him with excitement.

He has just done some groceries shopping and plans on cooking a quick meal for the two to eat.
However he is surprised to not get an immediate response from his mate.
Without worrying too much, thinking that he might be taking a nap. Kageyama goes into the kitchen to unload all the bought stuff into the fridge.
Afterwards, he leansagainst the counter, casually checking his phone for nothing in particular. But he was shocked to see that Hinata had tried to call him twice and send him text messages.
Quickly he opened the texting app to see messy messages.

Hey?!
Tobiooo answer your phone!! (/゚Д゚)/
Kenma had a fight with Kuroo and ran away i'll pick him up at the metro stop
Also don't turn your phone on silent (ー_ー)

Kageyama saw that Hinata had sent the messages around twenty minutes ago. Not a long time after he had left. So he must have been already off to go and meet Kenma.
He knew that these days the mated couple had been arguing a lot so maybe the situation escalated this time. He felt sorry for the two. Kenma is one of Hinata's best friends and since he and Kuroo also moved to Tokyo it's an easy and often occasion for them to meet up and spend some time together.

Suddenly he heard the door opening and two persons enter.
A sad looking Kenma came into his field of vision. His eyes were focused onto the ground but Kageyama could see that they were reddish with tears.
Not a second passed before he saw his mate tagging behind Kenma.
He was telling him reassuring words, softly patting his shoulders, concern on his face before he looked up to see Kageyama.
The alpha had a seemingly unreadable expression on his face. He didn't really know what to do. Should he greet the other omega? Show compassion?
It was yet another situation in which the alpha wished to be a bit more like his mate, social and very skilled when it came to understanding other people's feelings.
Because besides the fact that he may have improved quite a bit in understanding his mate, understanding other people was yet a whole another story to discover.
So he settled with waiting for his omega to give him some kind of signal or say something first.

The mates made eye contact.
"Hey, did you- did you get my message?" Hinata hushed out, surprisingly not sounding annoyed at all, rather exhausted and not very upbeat.
"Yea. It's fine"
He turned his gaze back to his friend.
"Ok. Kenma let's go to the living room and we can talk a bit more if you want"
After these words the two omegas disappeared into another room while leaving a confused looking Kageyama standing in the kitchen.
He wondered, even if not to hard. He still wondered what might have happened to cause yet another conflict between the other mated couple.

Without a doubt, Kenma and Kuroo are very different in terms of personality. Just like Hinata and him.
However the difference might still be a bit bigger between them.
Kageyama remembers the big dilemma that happened as Kuroo wanted to get mated with Kenma but he declined. It was such a huge mess (at least according to Hinata's very appalled story telling)

Kenma did not feel like it was necessary and also did not really show any big signs of affection. He almost always waved the topic off (and continued playing his video games).
(Author's Note: sorry 😂)
It was like he wasn't interested in Kuroo at all.

Obviously that is a false statement. He cares very much about his friend and lover. But he also did not feel very drawn to the idea of being inevitably bonded to Kuroo. Let alone the fact that he would have to always endure his hyper-emotions. So he simply declined, not really overthinking the issue.
But for Kuroo it was a big issue.
He thought that the pudding headed omega did not want to stay with him.