You ate my yogurt!

I just wanted to write pregnant omega!Hinata having mood swings and being a bit out of character. Just to imagine how Kags might react
______

"Kageyama?"
A loud shout comes from the kitchen. You can't sense wether it's from a place of anger, annoyance or maybe even surprise. The voice had a rather neutral tone to it.
However the called person is rather surprised to hear his mate use his family name. They have long overcome this stage of acquaintance. So there really is no need to approach him with this kind of politeness.
Still, the alpha knows there is one rare exception in which Shouyou tends to use Kageyama instead of Tobio.
It's when he has done something wrong.
He expects something to have happened. In his head he already starts searching for a mistake he could have done.

Even if he begins getting the hang of Shouyou acting rather strange since the beginning of his pregnancy. He knows that maybe nothing really has happened and his mate just found an excuse for letting out his all-mixed-up emotions.

The two have mutually agreed on accepting each other hotheadedness many years ago. They understood that this is the way for them to solve any issue there might be. They can't wait to calm down. In some situations they just have to make themselves understood right there and then and speak out everything that might be on their mind.
Even if it's full of emotions and curse words.

However now that Hinatas hormones are all kinds of fucked up that doesn't seem to be the best option anymore. He would react by crying, getting very angry or running away from the situation. And it hurts Tobio's heart to see his mate get this frustrated and troubled so easily. He takes everything way more personal than usual. So it's in the alpha's mission to try handling arguments better.
Therefore he tries hard not to always fall back into his usual state of easily being offended and wanting to argue about anything.

The alpha quickly makes his way to the kitchen just to see his favorite carrot-head staring intently into the fridge. "What happened?" he asks carefully, coming closer to him, while trying to sense his feelings through their bond. There's definitely anger and annoyance.
"Have you seen my vanilla-strawberry yogurt?".
Disapproval is in his voice.

"Vanilla-strawberry yogurt?"
Tobio thinks to himself.
Then it hit to him that he might just have eaten it before leaving for volleyball training this morning. It was early and he just wanted something made out of dairy so he had no second thoughts about eating it.
"Uhh..." He begins, seeing his mate look very annoyed.
"I ate it"
"You what?"
"I um I ate it this morning. Sorry, didn't know you wanted to eat it"
"That was mine!!"

The fight is on.
"I had told you a million times that this type of yogurt is my favorite and I want you to keep your hands off of it.
Why would you continue doing this. It's the second time this month! It is my yogurt not yours!!"
"I can buy you a new one" Tobio tries carefully.
"But I want it now!"
"Now!!"
His voice pitch gets very high and strong at that point.

Then when Tobio just thinks that Shouyou will start aggrevating even more and get more angry, he stops.
A few seconds pass and he realizes the omega is sulking.
Shouyou hits the fridge door loudly shut and goes off to lay himself face-down-first onto the couch.
Tobio still hears a few complaints about the missing yogurt coming from him but all in all he is turned silent.
He doesn't know what to do now.

Should I comfort him or leave him alone?

He chooses the first option since Hinata is always seeking out comfort from his mate.
He's an omega after all, a really social one at that so it's only natural for him to want to be around Tobio.

With slow steps he approaches the sofa and gets down to his knees. Carefully, he starts stroking the omega's arm with his thumb, trying to calm down his nerves by soft touches. "Shh.. Baby. I'm sorry"

No reaction.

A few silent moments pass.
"I'm hungry" Shouyou suddenly states but his voice gets muffled by the pillow.
He turns his face towards Tobio.
"You want me to go to the store to buy some yoghurts for you?"
"No..."
Tobio sighs. He kisses his forehead and continues "You want me to stay?"
The omega gives a short nod, staring at him with big innocent looking eyes.
"I want to cuddle..."

Tobio wonders what kind of mess must be going on in Shouyou's head for him to change his mood so quickly.
But he doesn't argue and happily follows his mates request by quickly shifting him into his arms, just to let him down on their king sized bed a minute later.
Tobio continues by pressing soft kisses on his omega.
Not wanting it to get sexual though, he lays down besides Shouyou and only carefully presses his small body at him.
The redhead wriggles around to stuff his face into the other's shirt and hide himself.
Either he has gotten embarrassed now or he is trying to wordlessly apologize for getting angry.
It's probably both.

"Sorry Tobio" says a soft voice. The alpha barely hears it.
"It's okay... I'm sorry for eating your yogurt. I'll buy you a new one okay?"
There's a nodding in response. The omega has calmed down and is mostly content now.
"love you"
"Huh?"
"I said I love you, dumbass"
"Ah. Love you too, Shouyou"
The redhead smiles brightly and nuzzles his head back into Tobio's shirt.
Even if he's an emotional time ticking bomb for the time being, Tobio still loves his mate a lot.