fight

Hinata is walking down the hallway of a big sports building. He has just achieved his long awaited victory against his rival and mate Kageyama Tobio. He's exhausted but happy.

Suddenly there is a voice from behind him.

"Hey, Hinata-kun, long time no see"

Hinata turns around to see the face of a former teammate.

"Oh hello, Eto-kun" he gives him a hesitant smile.
The two rarely talked when the alpha was still in the Black Jackals team. Even though they were both wing spikers.
Back then, he thought it'll be only natural to get along and discuss things like good spiking techniques.
But instead: nothing. Eto practically ignored him and gave him the least of acknowledgment.
He is older than him.
Hinata figured that he may have found his bubbly personality annoying though but that didn't make a lot of sense. He was getting along just fine with Atsumu and Bokuto.

Well, not even two months later he left the club.
So the omega forgot about it.

"The match was good. The team improved a lot. It's too bad I wasn't there with you guys".

Hinata thinks that he is acting odd. His smile has something suspicious behind it.
But he reasons himself that he's just imagining it.

"Hey, I want to grab something from a vending machine that's downstairs. Let's talk a bit if you wanna tag along for a second"

"Uh, sure"

In reality, he doesn't really want to follow the alpha. He has been looking for his mate and wants to meet him before they separate through different team busses again.
But just dismissing the polite offer to chat would be rude. It's not like they have many chances to talk so one time can't hurt, right? Just to rewind some old team moments and ask what he is doing these days.

Kageyama should find him anyway. Their bond makes sure of that.
_

"Atsumu's sets were as spectacular as always. I miss hitting them"

"Yea, they are really good. But did you see our new attack. It's really fast, isn't it?"
The omega becomes more relaxed as the conversation begins to flow naturally.
He enjoys praising his teammates.

"You know I was wondering, Hinata-kun but did the coach ever speak with you about marketing concerned topics?" Eto asks a minute or two later while putting some coins into a vending machine.

Hinata blinks at this question, not quite sure where this question came from.

"Marketing? What do you mean?"

Eto's face is still facing the vending machine as he continues "You know, like how to strengthen the team's public popularity to get more sponsors and sell more merchandise"

Hinata grows silent for a moment.
"I guess he did but it wasn't too specific. Just the basics like media coverage and Sashi-san, you remember her right? She gave us tips on what to say and how to act during interviews".

The alpha slowly grinds his teeth together in annoyance. This is not the answer he's looking for.
The anger he has felt because of this annoying omega begins to boil back up in him.

"Huh, that's it?" he states while turning around.

"Um, I mean they opened us up social media accounts. But that was when you we're still there. Hm, by the way. Are you in another team now? You're still playing, right? You have to! Your spikes were really powerful". His friendly smile grows wider.

The alpha takes a big breath.
Either this guy is fucking stupid or he's blatantly lying at me

"There surely must have been something going on behind the scenes that you know about" he continues instead, ignoring the other boy's question.