// Forty-Three\\

RECAP: Elora is led to her old pack's packhouse by Ian to kill Alpha Belrose, her previous alpha and ally to the Valiant Ula pack. She arrives and is unable to control her inner beast, and ends up killing Celeste, Alpha Belrose's daughter who happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. She faintly recalls seeing the sirens, Selene and Damianos, before she was knocked unconscious.

Songs:
There Will Be Blood by Kim Petras
Blood in the Cut by K.Flay

**Violence/Action warning**

-------------------

|| Maverick ||

My knuckles were swollen and still trying to heal, but I didn't care. I continued to punch the wall, hoping that it would crumble beneath my fist. After a few more punches, I removed my clenched hand, seeing that there was only a small dent in the wall.

"Argh!" I roared, angry at myself and at the wall before me.

How can I save her if I can't even save myself? I can't even get out of this damned cell.

I glared at Lucaya and the other guard as they blankly stared at me. Their red eyes made my blood boil even more.

"What are you looking at?" I seethed, slowly walking towards the bars.

The one guard, a tall and lanky man, rose his eyebrows. "You've been going at that wall for awhile. I'm surprised you haven't quit yet."

"I can't quit."

I turned my head, closing my eyes as I did so. I pictured Elora, happy and standing by my side.

My heart clenched in pain; I knew had to make that image in my head a reality again.

I had no other option.

I opened my eyes, noticing that both Lucaya and the other guard were gone.

Strange, I thought to myself.

As I made my way back to my spot, I heard a thud and the sound of something being dragged on the concrete floor.

Snapping my head to the sound, I saw a trail of blood leading to the stairwell out. I smelled the air, a fresh kill was just made.

"Alpha, we have Alpha Maverick Quinn." A man, dressed in all black, said as he approached from the shadows and began walking towards my cell. His long hair was tied back in a low pony while an earpiece was in his left ear. "Alpha Quinn... please back up while we saw off the lock of your cell."

I stood there dumbfounded as him and another man in black began to cut away at the lock.

"Who are you? Who's your alpha? Why are you helping me get out?"

Once the lock broke off, they swung the door open. Both looked at each other before the one with the ponytail spoke. "We're warriors of the Eclipse pack. Alpha Opal is our alpha. She is leading a rescue mission."

Luna Opal? Of all people... she had to be the one to save me?

She's good. Hell, she's really good.

"... I will have to thank her once we get out of here." They nodded in unison before I followed behind them. My inner alpha wanted to lead the way, but they knew the way out whereas I had no idea where we were at all. I had a hunch we were underground, but that's all I knew.