// Thirty - Eight \\

RECAP: Elora received a phone call from the mysterious Ian's cousin, Israel, which led her to believe that something bad happened to Kaia, who has not been seen since the day prior. Elora goes out to search for her and sees Lucaya in the woods who attacks her. The chapter ended with her waking up as a prisoner to the Dracs as Ian walked in.

Song for the chapter: "Animal " by Chase Holfelder

------------------------------

"Ah Elora, so wonderful to see you again!"

I nearly vomit at the sight of him.

The traitor.

Ian.

"I can't say the same." I clench my fists more, rising from my sitting position.

He laughs melodically. It really is a shame his heart isn't as good-looking as his face. He has the -physical characteristics many would find extremely attractive. Personality-wise though, a rat from a sewer drain would be a better choice than him.

"Oh, come on! We were really becoming buddies! You and I." He walks up to me, his dark eyes shamelessly scanning my figure. It takes all my willpower to not unleash my wolf and lash out at him.

Instead of ripping him apart since the chains are holding me back, I eye his uniform. It mimics that of an army sergeant's; a person who is still following orders from a higher up.

"Still doing the dirty work, hmm? Israel must love to boss you around." He lets out a low growl as I say this, picking me up by the collar of my shirt.

"I don't answer to anyone." I scoff at his response.

"That's not what you told me before with Anika. Lets ask her--oh wait--you can't. She's dead." I'm not sure where this is all coming from, but I can't stop. I don't want to stop.

He holds me up so I'm closer to his face. His eyes glare into my very soul, but, for some reason, it only adds fuel to my fire. 

"You like to dance on that fine line between me wanting to snap your neck and wanting to make you mine."

He licks his lips, and, once again, I nearly vomit. I have had a hunch he has some sort of thing for me, but it's weird to actually hear it from him.

He wants to make me his?

"You disgust me." I spit in his face. He slams me back against the wall before wiping the spit from his face. I watch as his canines protrude from his gums, indicating his wolf is on the surface. 

"Do that again, and I'll rip your head off." He is fuming, and I can't help the small smile in victory. I need to get under his skin. I need my wolf to come out.

Before I can rile him up more, another voice resounds in the room.

"Cousin...I am hoping you're only joking with Luna Elora. She is to be treated nicely as our hostage."

Isreal.

His darker hair is styled back in a pompadour fashion while he wears an all black suit with a black undershirt. He is attractive, but the scar on his face still unsettles me and creates an unattractive flaw. He's oddly tall for a human, which is perhaps a result of having a werewolf mother. 

Ian takes a step away from me; his eyes still narrowed in my direction.

I straighten myself up, giving Israel a sarcastic smile.

"Yes, because I feel so 'nice' being chained up while being threatened by someone no more than a traitor."

"Well, the threats will not be happening anymore...right, Ian?" His dark eyes shift from me to Ian. Ian groans before muttering a "yep."