// Thirty - Seven \\

RECAP: It was noted that the strange man that approached Elora at Wolfie's may be a long lost sibling of the late Alpha Alek. The chapter ended with Elora receiving an odd phone call from Dante ( Kaia's boyfriend ) that Kaia is not home.

Song: &Run by Sir Sly

--------------------

The morning sun is peeking through the curtains as I wake up. The birds are singing their sweet song, and the wind blows a gentle breeze into the open window.

The smells of the surrounding forest hit my nostrils, and I can't help the smile as I stretch my arms out.

I notice Maverick is already gone, most likely at the packhouse. He typically gets up before me anyways, so it doesn't bother me much.

Although, it would be nice to wake up in his arms once in awhile. 

After showering and getting dressed, I make my way down to the kitchen. I place some waffles into the toaster and as I wait for them to come up, my phone begins to buzz. I don't recognize the number.

"Hello?" I figure it must be a prank call or perhaps a misdial.

"Luna Elora. It's lovely to hear your voice again."

I drop the phone, my hand shaking. It's the man from Wolfies. The man that may be the leader of the Dracs.

I stare at my phone on the counter, trembling as I pick it up again and answer.

"Uh I'm- I'm s-sorry but who is this?" I try to play dumb, hoping my shaky voice isn't too apparent over the line.

There's a slight pause. "Why Luna Elora, it's Ian's cousin."

Ding!

I swiftly turn around, noticing the waffles are done. I don't know if I can even eat now. My stomach is in knots.

"Oh--um--yes. I remember now. I never got your name?"

"Israel. Israel Sommelier. I actually got your number from a pack member of yours. She's sweet. Kaia, I think." Kaia. Why would Kaia give him my number?

"Oh?" My heart is beating wildly in my chest. I'm sure he can hear it through the phone.

"Yes." His voice is sickly sweet. Too sweet.

"Why did you need to call me?" My tone is a tad too hostile and I quickly added "Israel" sweetly at the end.

"Just wondering if you've heard from my cousin, yet?" He just asked me that yesterday, why would my answer be any different?

"I assure you, Israel, I have not heard from him since the Drac attacks. Now I must go, goodbye." I click the line off before he can even bid me farewell.

As I finally grab my waffle, which is cold now, I begin to dial Dante. I make it out to Mav's spare car, and start it up.

"Hello? Elora?!" Dante anxiously answers, his voice sounding tired.

"Dante, have you heard from Kaia at all?"

"N-no I haven't. She wasn't at her parents either. I'm at our packhouse now. I'm going to talk to Alpha Belrose about recruiting pack members to find her. I'm so sick about it, Elora. I don't know if I could live with myself if something bad happened to her."