// Twenty - Six \\

Recap:
In the previous chapter, Elora and Maverick got into an argument after she interrupted an important alpha meeting. She, then, helped Liz get ready for her 18th birthday celebration by giving her some needed encouraging words about her future mate. After helping set up, Elora arrived to the house and was met with the image of Faye( a past friend and lover of Maverick's) practically seducing Maverick.

From now on, I will be doing mini recaps of the previous chapter just because I am a bit slower with updates. Plus, I know it's helpful sometimes to refresh your memory ( especially if you're reading more than one book 😉 )

Warning: there is violence in this chapter!!

Now, onto the story!

...

Before letting out my inner 'beast' on Faye, I let my anger rise more as I listen in on the conversation between her and my mate.

"Mavy...remember when we were young and in love? Remember all those nights?"

I watch as her long, manicured nails graze his cheek down to his chin, before stroking it ever so softly. Maverick is just standing there, almost waiting for her to lean in and kiss him.

She then pushes her perky bosoms up on him while licking her lips. She's trying to seduce my mate.

Before she can even place her lips on his, I run and pounce on her, shoving her body down to the ground with force. Her arms flail, and her face washes with pure shock.

I let my claws out as I begin to squeeze her neck. My wolf is showing no mercy, and Faye is seemingly too startled to fight back. It takes her a moment before she attempts to fight back.

The smell of molten iron with the trickling of blood only fuels my anger more. I stop squeezing her neck and begin punching her face with as much force as I can muster. This lasts for a few seconds before Maverick finally gets in between.

"Enough! Elora get off her. And Faye... get out of my house!" Maverick booms, and I reluctantly get off her.

She pushes me off more, causing a growl to emerge from my throat. Her nose and neck are bloody and deep scratches mark her pretty face. Unfortunately, it will all be gone within a day or two due to our sped-up healing rate.

What a shame.

Faye scowls at me before she bolts out of the house. I only stand here, breathing heavily. I want to rip her hair out. I want to do much more damage to her.

This is all so strange because I'm honestly not a violent person.

This isn't me.

I glance down at the smears of sticky, red blood on my hands and feel sick to my stomach.

"Why didn't you push her away ?" I lock my eyes with his. My fists are still clenched as I speak.

"I didn't push her away because I knew you were here-"

"You bastard!" I yell at him, but before I can storm away, he grabs my arm, tugging me back to him.

"I wanted to see you go apeshit on her. I've never felt you so furious, and I wanted to see how you would handle the situation." I quirked an eyebrow at his idiotic confession. "Not going to lie, you beating the crap out of her was a turn on."

Before I could snap back at him, he cradled the side my face in his large hand. I felt myself melt in his touch.

"I'm sorry. I should've just done what I would've done to begin with"

Unleashing Maverick - COMPLETEDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें