// Thirty-One \\

RECAP: Elora, being incredibly sick, wandered into the woods and passed out. She was found by two sirens named Serene and Damianos. They told her how they were healing her from the demonic possession. It ended with Maverick bursting into the cabin, angry.

-------

"Why do you have my mate tied up???"

*Bang! Clatter!*

A jumble of noises from items being pushed over and such arises.

"Sir, if you could please calm down, I will explain everything!" Serene's voice usually is calm and sweet, but she sounds almost panicked. I look to see her expression mirrored her tone of her voice.

I finally lock eyes with my mate who is already rushing to the bedside. Before he can get too close, Damianos, who comes out of nowhere, grabs him and holds him back.

Maverick starts to thrash around, letting out low growls directed towards Damianos.

"I can't let you touch her yet. She's not done healing." Damianos voice is low and strong, but it doesn't cause Maverick to back down.

"I don't take orders from ... fairies!" Maverick spats in his face. He emphasize the word "fairies" as if he were calling them the lowest of the low.

Just as it seems Damianos is losing his grip on Maverick, Selene comes forward mouthing the words, "puer cessabit," while blowing some lavender-colored incense in my mate's face, causing him to go limp. He is still conscious but seems unable to move his body besides his mouth.

"What in the moon goddess is going on?!" He roars, now sitting on a chair with the help of Damianos who has to hold him up.

I slowly raise my head up, finding his eyes.

"Shouldn't you be in the holding cell?" I ask worriedly.

"Is this man a threat?" Damianos says while tightening his grip on Maverick's shoulders.

"No... no he's my mate...he's the Alpha of the Valiant Ula pack..." I softly say, never breaking eye contact with him.

"Valiant Ula? Alpha? Is that the cursed pack, Selene? The one in which we were sent here for?" Damianos questions, loosening his grip on my mate, almost letting him slump to the ground. He quickly grabs him again, so he is sitting more upright.

"Yes," Selene replies as she walks forward to Maverick, bending down at eye level with him. "Tell me, Alpha Quinn... tell me everything, and we will explain what is going on here."

Maverick's eyes appear to glimmer with unshed tears, he feebly nods, obviously gaining some movement back in his head.

"Fine. It's time that Elora knows everything too." His voice is filled with guilt; either for not telling me sooner or for what he is about to tell us all.

...

" About six years ago, when Valient Ula pack was seemingly normal, hiding it's faults from other packs, Millie and I just graduated from high school. Both of us turned eighteen the day after graduation. We both experienced our friends and pack members finding their mates before us, and it only strengthened our bond.

It took a harder toll on Millie as one of her best friends became so enthralled by her new mate, she had already began mating and having a family of her own. Although Millie was the godmother to her friend's child, you know as Duke, she still was sad that she had to wait for so longwhich was five months after Joy.

Once we had both turned eighteen, we held a huge celebration for both our special day and for finishing school. Our parents invited the whole pack as well as some neighboring packs, and once 4 pm struck, as that was the time in which we were born, Millie found her mate: our soon-to-be Alpha, Alek Drachmas.