Vol. 4 Ch. 40 An Interesting Development

Your POV

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Blake using her semblance during a game of tag)

I was walking through Menagerie with Blake, and felt like we were being watched and/or followed. I turned around, but didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Blake looked at me and said, "What's wrong?" I shook it off and said, "It's nothing." Blake looked at me concerned, but let it go. After Blake and I had gotten everything we needed, we went back to her house.

Blake's POV

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Y/N shooting Chibi Neptune with a water gun)

My dad and I were in his office and he asked, "So... is it... warm... in Vale?" Confused, I replied, "Huh?" He said, "It just... seems like your outfit doesn't cover very much." I looks down at myself, crossed my arms, and said, "It covers plenty."
Dad replied, "I mean, a little more armor might help. Don't you think?" I said, "I'm fine. I don't need armor. I can look after myself."

He sighed and said, "I... I know you can. Besides you have Y/N." He sets down his own cup. My expression saddened, and I looked away, bowing my head. Then I asked, "Why?" My dad looked up and said, "Hmm?" I asked, "Why would you say that?"

3rd Person POV

Ghira moves to be beside his daughter, going down to one knee and putting a hand on her back. Then he said, "Sweetheart, what's wrong? What did I say?" Blake replied, "How can you still love me after what I did?" Ghira responded, "Blake..." He gets up and sits beside her on the couch, putting his arm around her and said, "Your mother and I will always love you."

Blake started to get emotional as she said, "You were right. I shouted at you and yelled at you. But you were right. I called you cowards!" Remorsefully, she lowers her head closer to her father. He holds her and said, "It's okay." Blake pulled back and said, "I should have left the White Fang with you and Mom. I should've listened to you, and I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

Ghira turned her by the chin to look at him and then wiping a tear from her eye with his thumb and said, "Blake, it's fine. We never held anything against you, and I never feared you would fail. The only thing I ever feared was that you would fall down the wrong path, and I am so proud to see you haven't."

Blake sniffled and said, "But I did! I was─" She lowers her face again as Ghira said, "And you pulled yourself out. You came back. There aren't many who possess that kind of strength and even fewer that have the courage to face their demons again. Vale, Mountain Glenn, Beacon─you confronted the White Fang time after time."

Blake replied, "I didn't do it alone." Ghira said, "No, you didn't. Which is why I wanted to ask you... why did you leave Vale? Why did you leave your friends behind? Why did you try to leave your own boyfriend behind?" Blake was sniffing and said, "I..." Behind them, the porch door falls inward, Sun on top of it and yelping. Blake turns around.

Blake was affronted, stood up, and said, "Sun?!" Ghira is also standing while Sun gets himself upright and tries to recover from the situation by saying, "D'yuh! Whoa! This isn't the bathroom! Uh, I'll just be going! Sorry to interrupt this tender family moment!" Blake and Ghira both glare at Sun, Blake's right ear twitching. Ghira takes a breath, closes his eyes for a second, and said, "I really don't like you." Then Y/N yells, "Sun! Where are you? I'm gonna kick your ass!"

Adam's POV

I was at the White Fang headquarters in Mistral. I was sorting out paperwork for the upcoming attack on Haven Academy. Suddenly I got a message from the Albain brothers. I answered it and said, "What is it?" Corsac answered and said, "Brother Adam, we have news of the utmost importance for you. It appears that Blake and Y/N are both in Menagerie." Then Fennec added, "We've also heard that apparently the two are also engaged now."

I clinched my fist and said, "That bastard! Tell Ilia to kill that son of a bitch and bring Blake to me, I don't what it takes! I want that  bastard dead!" Corsac and Fennec bowed and said, "As you wish, Brother Adam." I sighed and said, "Any word on Violet?" They shook their heads and Fennec said, "I'm afraid, Sister Violet is still missing." I nodded and said, "Thank you, Corsac and Fennec." They bowed and ended the conversation. I slammed my fist onto the desk and said, "Y/N L/N, you're just as stubborn as your parents were."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Thanks to JosePadilla008 for giving me an idea for part of this chapter.
Master out.