Vol. 1 Ch. 4 Protecting A Friend

Your POV

The Next Morning

I woke up and got rid of 2 of the beds in my room. I decided to keep a spare bed just in case someone wanted to hangout and fell asleep.

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Blake on a Cat Poster)

I was in the cafeteria with Team RWBY and team JNPR. Blake and I were each lost in our own book, while everyone else was listening to Nora's story, which Ren kept correcting. Suddenly I heard a very familiar voice cry out, "Ow! That hurts! Please stop..." I looked up and saw Cardin pulling on Velvet's bunny ears. I slammed my book shut, set it on the table, and thought, Nobody hurts one of my friends like that and gets away with it.

I got up and walked over to Cardin. Then I said, "Hey, Cardin! What makes you think you can bully an upper classman?" He snickered and said, "She's a freak! That's why." I clinched my fists and said, "Really? The only freak I see around here is standing right in front of me."

Cardin got pissed and said, "Why you little piece of─" But before he could finish, I used my semblance and shocked him as I threw a fast uppercut to his face knocking him out. I looked at his teammates and said, "Do you three want to take him to the nurse or do you want to join him?" They panicked, picked up their not-so-mighty leader, and ran off.

I took a deep breath to calm myself, turned to Velvet, and asked, "Are you okay, Velv?" She nodded and said, "Yeah, but my ears still hurt." I smiled and said, "May I?" She nodded and I gently rubbed her ears. After a few minutes, I stopped and said, "Do you want to come sit with me?" She smiled and said, "I would, but I think I actually need to head to class now." I nodded and said, "Alright. And if Cardin or his team ever bother you again, come get me." Velvet nodded and left.

I went back over to where I was sitting before and sat back down. Everyone was looking at me and I said, "What?" Blake asked, "Why'd you help out that Faunus?" I looked at her and said, "Who? Velvet? She's a friend of mine from Pharos Academy. Besides I hate people that treat Faunus like dirt."

For some reason, that made Blake smile and I could've sworn that I'd seen her bow twitch a little. I ignored it and said, "Well I should probably get going to my next class. See you all later." Then I left before anyone could ask me anything else.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.