Vol. 4 Ch. 34 Tea And Memories

Blake's POV

My mom quickly prepared tea for all of us, now with us sitting by a small table near the entrance of my house. Y/N stayed as silent since he didn't have anything to say. Both my mom and dad had serious expressions and mom said, "We were both horrified when we heard the news. The Kingdom of Vale wasn't perfect, but it certainly didn't deserve what happened. We were both so worried." Dad chuckled, crossing his arms as he puts up a smile and said, "Please, I knew she'd be fine." Mom shook her head and said, "That isn't the slightest bit true. You should've seen him pacing."

Sun spoke up and said, "You guys have nothing to worry about. I've seen your daughter in action before and trust me, she's got some moves!" I jumped back from taking a sip from my tea as I see Y/N did a spit-take of his, with wide eyes on Sun. Now my father's glare was on him as Y/N started to choke on what he didn't spit out. Dad kept glaring at Sun and said, "And what exactly do you mean by that, Mr. Wukong." Sun slowly turns, scared out of his mind as Y/N leaned toward me and said, "I probably should've ditched him before we came here."

I nodded and said, "I think that would've been for the best. Why did you let him come anyways?" Mom added to that and asked, "Yeah, why is he here again? Why are you here?" Y/N jumped a little, before sighing towards my mother's words. Sun's constant babbling to try and correct his previous mistake somehow blending into the background.

I noticed that my boyfriend was acting kinda off. He was being more quiet and less focused than usual. He was fine earlier, I thought. What changed? Suddenly, Y/N got up and said, "I need some fresh air, I'll be back later." I placed my hand on his shoulder and asked, "Is everything alright?" I heard him sigh and he said, "I just need some time by myself for awhile." I nodded hesitantly and he left.

Your POV

I walked outside and went to where I used to live. I saw my old house still sitting there, looking as if no one had lived there since my family and I had moved away. The grass was tall and unkept, the siding was faded and had moss on it. I carefully made my way through the brush to the front door.

The old Welcome mat was still there. I reached into my pocket and found the key that my dad had given me back when I was first enrolled at Pharos. Curious, I took the key out of my pocket and tried it on the door. Even more curiously, it was a perfect fit. Why would my dad give me a key to our old house in Menagerie? I thought. I thought they sold the house.

I unlocked the door and went inside. Everything was exactly like it was when we left, except for two things. One was the layer of dust on everything. The other thing was a small box on the table. I went over to it and saw that it had my name written on it. I opened it and found a VHS tape in it. (A/N: If you don't know what a VHS tape is, google it) I picked up the tape and walked over to the old VCR underneath our TV.

I went down to the basement and flipped on the power. I went back upstairs and put the VHS tape in the VCR. I turned on the TV and the screen projection flickered a couple times before staying on. I hit play on the VCR and looked at the screen.

After a couple seconds, a person appeared. Once the video finally focused, I gasped at who I saw. Then the person said, "Hey, son."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I hope you also liked that cliffhanger.
Master out.